Author Topic: Blacklisting by carrierzone.com  (Read 3468 times)

jmcox

Blacklisting by carrierzone.com
« on: May 10, 2011, 07:41:45 PM »
I have been blacklisted by free.fr, through whom I occasionally send e-mails to friends.  It is reported that this blacklisting is as a result of something carrierzone.com has done.  I see that Avast lists carrierzone.com and 64.29.151.235 as SSL Accounts on my system.  Has anyone an idea how they may have got there?  Is this something that Avast does?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Blacklisting by carrierzone.com
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 09:08:43 PM »
Well avast handles the secure communication if it is required for your email.

So any accounts in your email program (which is ?) would have a corresponding entry in the SSL Accounts section of avast.

On occasion you may see settings here that aren't in your email accounts, the IP address is actually carrierzone.com also. I have BT Internet email accounts, and I see SSL Accounts entries for Yahoo.com because BT Internet's email is handled by Yahoo.com. So I don't know if there is a similar arrangement free.fr for carrierzone.com ?

Are any of these entries in the SSL Accounts section for those accounts showing they are encrypted ?

You can delete the entries and reboot and see if avast recreates them ?

~~~~
Avast will monitor any outbound email from your system even if this could be a spambot, but I think that unlikely or avast is likely to detect multiple emails in a period of time and alert (did that happen ?)

What is your firewall ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security