Author Topic: Outlook module suggestion  (Read 2307 times)

mastabog

Outlook module suggestion
« on: October 08, 2004, 09:27:26 AM »
I have a small suggestion, far less important than other bug or those on the next version wishlist, but here it goes:

- The Outlook/Exchange module could use a transparent splash screen or *not* centered splash screen. I know i can disable it, but i do like to know whether the avast module has been loaded when starting Outlook. Sometimes the PST folders file gets corrupted (e.g. after a crash). If that happens, when restarting Outlook, it will begin a check/rebuild of the PST and if the PST is big then that can take a while. The avast splash screen is completely covering the small windows that says Outlook is checking the PST and won't go away until finished .. the problem is that I myself forcely killed Outlook several times thinking it hanged, not seeing the "checking PST" message window ... and after that, being forcely killed, Outlook again restarted the PST check and ... :)

Just my 2 cents
Cheers

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Outlook module suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 05:09:14 AM »
Thanks for your suggestion...
Best of all, in my opinion, is an avast4.ini file values to configure the transparency and/or position of the splash screen  ;)
The best things in life are free.