Author Topic: Anyone Having Problems With Support Tickets Disappearing/A Strange Ticket Story?  (Read 1570 times)

Jack 1000

Sup Avast,

The other day, I wanted to submit a ticket as a bug report.  The issue related to how sometimes the Avast Program will very infrequently appear minimized in the Taskbar and the only way to close it is to bring up the GUI by double-clicking on the short-cut icon on the desktop and closing it.  I did a memory dump a long time ago, and Vlk couldn't find anything.  It happens so infrequently, that in talking to him, we could not even classify it as a bug.  But I thought I would just re-describe the problem, just in case it comes up in the lab, and they might work on a fix. This has been an infrequent issue from version 5.0 to 6.1 with a hard drive that has been reformatted, so everything is clean since that time.

Anyway, I filled out the Support Ticket, and for two days, the query said it was received.  Today, I get an answer from Tech Support for a problem that I submitted about 2 YEARS AGO, because it was for 4.8!  I wrote back and said that this issue no longer applies.  For two years, the response ticket had been on hold.  Did they screw up by replying to my two-year old 4.8 request, as opposed to answering the 6.0 bug report?  For whatever reason the 6.0 bug report ticket is now totally gone.  Why would it take them two years, to reply to a support ticket?  The 4.8 report in my Support Center has been "On-Hold" all this time!

Jack

kariuro

I have olso tiket wich status is currently On Hold and I do not understand what this On Hold means. I had askt from avast team can they close this ticket but the status is still On Hold.

Sorry about my bad english!