Author Topic: Avast Firewall gets turned off automatically!  (Read 15829 times)

Offline DraKuL

Re: Avast Firewall gets turned off automatically!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 10:50:04 AM »
Thanks Mayura for taking your time to help me out. The only new thing I installed was my VGA drivers - I actually reinstalled it had the latest version and I removed it completely and had to reinstall.. Other than that I installed the latest version of VirtualBox... Thats pretty much it.. Still dont know what caused it  :-\ If it happens again will reinstall Avast, but dont know if it will help with this as this started happening a few days ago..
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

SafeSurf

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 12:06:44 PM »
DraKuL,

Before you make any drastic changes, I would make one of your resident (either SAS or MBAM) as on-demand.  You have 3 resident scanners now, and they are most likely causing a conflict.  As a test, turn one of them (SAS or MBAM) to on-demand and see if this fixes your problem.

In addition, did you put your resident software into each other's software exclusions?  If not, please do so to avoid conflicts. 

I do not see a reason to uninstall/install until you test out the above first.  Report back on your findings.  Thank you.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 12:23:17 PM »
Yes, I have excluded Avast on MBAM, and I forgot about SAS, so just excluded Avast on that as well..  Also MBAM is excluded on SAS and vice versa.. Didnt exclude anything on Avast yet - but since Avast FW is being disabled, as long as I exclude Avast on both of them it should be fine - theoretically..

If the problem persists, will exclude others on Avast and if its still there will go back to 2 resident scanners.. I stated why I added a third in the earlier post, but if they cause conflicts I will disable one of them, most likely SAS.. Because AIS and MBAM were running fine for a pretty long time and I think this started hapenning after I added SAS realTime, again the problem is I am not aware of the exact time this happens and therefore I cannot put a pin on whats causing it.. Right now I have all 3 running realTime and so far the FW is enabled..

Thanks!
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 09:11:04 AM »
Ok so I didnt have SAS running today but it still got turned off.. the FW I mean.. I didnt have any "odd" program running.. Does anyone know how to check for the cause of this? Is there a way to pin point to the program thats causing this? Any help is highly appreciated..

I had the computer running from 1pm, and now its 5pm when I noticed it wasnt running bu inbetween I kept checking if it was running or not, so it wasnt turned off instantly and I wasnt running any new program between the time it was running and stopped..

SafeSurf

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 10:21:46 AM »
I know you mentioned that in the past you tried turning off Windows FW, which you had running with AIS and SAS Pro.  Now that you have SAS Pro as on-demand, try turning off Windows FW as well leaving only AIS and MBAM as resident.  Reboot.

Have you upgraded to the current version of Avast 6.0.1125 yet?  If not, please do so and see if this fixes the problem.  Thanks.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 10:26:32 AM »
Yes I have the latest release of AIS. Do you think that Windows FW can cause this? But I had everything running really smooth with the old setting, Win FW + AIS + MBAM, but today with the same config AIS FW got turned off..

The other thing, so far this has occurred only once a day, once I turn it back on, it hasnt been stopped yet.. Till I reboot of course.. So there might be something thats triggering this.. Do you know of a way to check what caused it ?

SafeSurf

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 10:33:18 AM »
You can test this by turning off Windows FW.  This has worked for some users even though AIS and Win FW are compatible.

You can also submit a mini-dump file when you are actually having the problem.

Here is additional information on how to invoke a memory dump file:  http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=71.

Please, zip and upload the C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file to this anonymous ftp server and name it uniquely: ftp.avast.com/incoming.  Avast will analyze it and respond back to you in this thread or to your email.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 10:36:56 AM »
Thanks, will give it a try and let you know if it helped - turning off windows FW.

Currently there are no files in the mini dump folder. The memory.dmp file is almost 500mb, not sure if  I can upload it any time soon due to the connectivity issues.

Thanks again!

SafeSurf

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 11:02:26 AM »
The memory.dmp file is almost 500mb, not sure if  I can upload it any time soon due to the connectivity issues.
If you have difficulty, you can try emailing it to pk (Avast) on the forum; his email is a button under his name on the forum.  If you have problems finding it, please let me know.  Thank you.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 11:13:09 AM »
Thanks SafeSurf! I ll contact PK then :)

MAG

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 11:17:22 AM »
Off topic - but what happened to Lukas?

When I (and others) had problems with AIS firewall spontaneously stopping a year or so ago Lukas was the FW component dev who sorted them.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 11:18:34 AM »
mag, how did you resolve the problem ?

MAG

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 11:22:14 AM »
mag, how did you resolve the problem ?
It wasn't a local problem, it was an avast bug. Lukas eventually tracked it down from the dump files (I think it was one that Logos sent in that finally gave him the info).

It was fixed in a program update.

SafeSurf

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 11:33:55 AM »
Lately pk has been the one getting the emails on dump files.  He can always direct it to the appropriate person at Avast if needed.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 02:38:33 PM »
Ok it just happened again.. going to contact pk about this..