Author Topic: I cannot install any avast product on my computer  (Read 3283 times)

BANDIT

I cannot install any avast product on my computer
« on: October 10, 2004, 03:48:06 PM »
i have a computer running windows xp and have some sort of hijacker virus on it,
(I open internet explorer and the homepage changes after a few clicks, redirects, and if i try to open my yahoo inbox it redirects me again to a red screen that say my computer is infected,      I installed msn explorer to try and get my yahoo mail and it works in that browser but if I go to ie it comes back)
i downloaded the avast virus cleaner but cannot open the file or any antivirus or firewall for that matter
help :'(      

lee16

Re:I cannot install any avast product on my computer
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 10:36:33 PM »
Hi Bandit

This is Spyware/Adware not a virus.

I suggest downloading, updating then running these 2 good free programs, they are ad-ware
and spybot.
Also after that could you post a hijackthis log here so we can check your system is clean.
You can get hijackthis from here and this is how to use it (incase your not sure how)

i downloaded the avast virus cleaner but cannot open the file or any antivirus or firewall for that matter
help

Did you try re-downloading it?, do you get any errors while trying to open it?, have you tryed any online virus scanners to check your system for viruses?

--lee
« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 10:46:50 PM by lee16 »