Author Topic: avast v.6.0.1 and gameguard  (Read 10755 times)

doktornotor

Re: avast v.6.0.1 and gameguard
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 08:56:48 PM »
Definitely avast's side. So please work this out. I am very sure a whole load of users out that are flaring with the same problem because a lot of games uses the gameguard and I do not want avast to be the reason to ruin the games because this anti-software has high potential.

Yeah. And the main question here is: has anyone of the users who complain to AV vendors actually approached the rootkit vendor and ask them to fix their rootkit incompatibility instead? I still feel this Gameguard thing should be detected as rootkit, not whitelisted.

amystika

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
avast v5.1.889 works just fine running the game and gameguard, no errors at all so i guess i'll keep running avast v5.1.889 till avast gets it working with version 6  >:(
thats what i have been doing and will more than likely continue to do. i tried to get remote access to fix the problem but the person restarted my computer without thinking and we lost touch.. time to uninstall avast and reinstall

doktornotor

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 07:38:46 PM »
avast v5.1.889 works just fine running the game and gameguard, no errors at all so i guess i'll keep running avast v5.1.889 till avast gets it working with version 6  >:(
thats what i have been doing and will more than likely continue to do. i tried to get remote access to fix the problem but the person restarted my computer without thinking and we lost touch.. time to uninstall avast and reinstall

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=73657.0

And new in v6.0.1027:
- attempt to fix new compatibility problems with GameGuard and sXe _rootkits_
- SafeZone improvements
- localization updates (including WebRep)
- improved sandbox logging
- SafeZone is now a standalone setup package (can be installed/uninstalled separately)

xaviergarcia

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 04:02:54 PM »
Hello,

im new here, but not to avast, as been a free version user until yesterday when i bought AIS 6.0.1091, and found same trouble running same game as posted, lineage2 with gameguard protection, already tried setting an exclusion to app folder, shield config and rules, but none work, only that i found that what is making this trouble is avast 'self defense' system, set under options, once is disabled, game works properly, but im sure i dont want to disable that to play a game, as disabling it makes my new AV vulnerable to applications that may try to stop it or neutralize.

the point here is not whose fault is, but there is a problem between two security programs (i also think gameguard is not a good choice, as it only bring trouble to legit players on game for more than 5 year now), fact is somehow Gg checks for 3rd party software that may interact with secured game, in some way that avast defense sense as a threat and blocks, so there is when comes error 114.

if any of avast staff need to check that i can send some trial account , just tell me.

ty all