Author Topic: ** NEW AVAST PROGRAM UPDATE RELEASE CANDIDATE 6.0.1119 **  (Read 57748 times)

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
Re: ** NEW AVAST PROGRAM UPDATE RELEASE CANDIDATE 6.0.1119 **
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2011, 03:58:29 PM »
I have to repeat my question. What about the language-depending GUI bug in Vista?
May the FOSS be with you!

Harikrishnan

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2011, 07:17:41 PM »
10 minutes before while  i m browsing a pop up window appeared showing "avast network shield blocked a threat"(using 6.0.1091 updated from 1027).But the network shield log shows connections blocked 0, why? Sorry if this question irrelevant to this topic, I m here for the first time. :o

AshevilleHawker

« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2011, 07:45:57 PM »
Hey VLK,

There is a longer thread going about this, but if it helps.
I am experiencing a conflict with the core part of AVAST (not a shield) that renders Auto CAD LT 2002 unusable.
For V6.0.0 I could disable the shields and use AVAST. For this beta release, and the full release before it, something changed and disable all shields no longer solves the problem.   I'm hoping this is something that can be corrected. 

Thanx
 Hawker

Last post of the old thread below...

I spent some time this morning trying to work this out with little luck.
Here is where I am at. All these are "free" versions.

Avast 6.0.0.  ACAD LT crashes with GEDIT 3 errors. If I disable all shields AVAST ACAD runs fine.
Avast 6.0.1091 same as above but disable all shields does not allow ACAD LT to run.
Avast 6.0.1119 same as .1091.

I tried uninstalling the behavior shield and nmb suggested with no effect. I then uninstalled every shield one at a time to see which one caused the problem. With all shields uninstalled ACAD still crashed fairly fast. To check myself I then completely uninstalled AVAST and ACAD ran fine again.

What I can conclude from this is the problem is not in a particular shield but in some common core part of AVAST that runs outside the shields themselves. 

Any idea what to do next other than use a different AV program?

Jack 1000

I am a little confused,

There is a Beta forum that says, "Discussion About The New Beta" for it's subtopic, so why not put all Beta and Release Candidate Releases in that forum?  Or would not enough people go to the Beta forum, so we should keep the Beta and RC releases in the General Forum like they are now?

Jack
+1

+2 ;)

+3! LOL!

Seriously Avast,

You guys have a Beta forum for the community, so it would help if all Beta releases and questions went in there.  This forum, Avast Free/Pro/Suite, should be about the current releases to the general public. This is because IMO, there are too many people who don't understand that Beta/RC candidates mean "Not Done Yet. May be buggy!" 

However, at the same time, the Beta forum would provide ample testing for experienced users, who understand about Beta's. The Beta forum should provide the opportunity to test, without current full release threads getting in the way.  This would simplify things for everyone.

Jack

Hermite15

« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2011, 10:18:33 PM »
yeah I guess they should use something similar (screen shot) ... that's what they say on the Opera blog when they release a new beta ;D

LunarWolf

« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2011, 04:03:04 AM »
A bug in  6.0.1119?

1. avast didn't detect the ZIPPED Eicar even when I check 7zip archive, RAR archive and ZIP archive in File System Shield Packers settings. I have set File System Shield to test whole file. The rest of the settings are in default.

amberangel

« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2011, 04:51:43 AM »
I am getting an error message any advice please.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2011, 08:54:26 AM »
It wouldn't hurt if you tell us what was the error...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog