Author Topic: While Installing Avast internet security 6.0.1091 computer restarts itself  (Read 4872 times)

WhizzKidRaJ

Yesterday when i bought my new ais 6.0.1091 and while i was installing it suddenly and the end of installation when it was acitivating avast services
my pc suddenly got blanked and it restarted and ais was not opening . I tried to reinstall but the same happens everytime i try it
I keep my internet off while installing and it automatically gets dialed and starts @ the end of installation And without keeping my internet on it doesn't installs
My Operating system is Windows 7 sp1 32bit with windows firewall & defender turned off coz i only want ais and i use dialup connection and i think that shuouldn't be the problem ofcourse  :-\
I uninstall my avast with the removal tool always and also deleted the left entries in the regedit or using ccleaner
Its like a system dump that used to happen in my previous operating system xp sp3 in which while installing avast if the turned internet on or off then pc used to give black screen and restart.
Please help  :'(
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 02:13:15 PM by WhizzKidRaJ »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Cant Install AIS any version on my windows 7 32 bit
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 08:38:59 PM »
Any previous antivirus or firewall in this computer? I mean also from the time you've bought it?
Is your computer clean? (Some infections prevent avast to be installed).
The best things in life are free.

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 10:06:06 AM »
Please do the following:

• Download Malwarebytes Antimalware free here: Click!
  • Install the downloaded Malwarebytes Antimalware free
  • Run Malwarebytes Antimalware free by double-clicking on it's desktop icon
  • In Malwarebytes Antimalware free go to the tab Update and update it
  • In Malwarebytes Antimalware free go to the tab Scanner
  • Select Perform quick scan and click on Scan button

After the scan has finished, the scan-log will automatically open in notepad.
Do not close and do not apply any action within Malwarebytes Antimalware free right now.

• In notepad click on File and then on Save as
  • In the Save as window select any convenient folder to save in
  • At the bottom of the Save as window make sure code ANSI is selected
  • At the very bottom of the Save as window click on Save

Attach the log file you just saved to your next post by clicking on Additional Options at the bottom left of the forum post editing screen.

I will review the log as it comes in and give further advice. Should you receive no answer in due time because I am offline, just close Malwarebytes Antimalware free and check here at a later time.

Thank you
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 10:34:05 AM »
@the OP: not sure about that as that's not clear in your description: do you keep your system disconnected from the network when you install Avast ???

WhizzKidRaJ

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 02:10:42 PM »
The previous antivirus i had installed on my pc was avast free and then i uninstalled it and tried to install ais
and also today i finally got ais installed through avast free. I inserted the license in my avast free and it upgraded to ais finally
But there was a little problem in that also
after upgrading from free to ais firewall was not on so i had to do repair from control panel and restart pc then it was fixed
and i have scanned my pc many times with malwarebytes and avast free and today i just scanned it with ais but no firus found
and @logos i cannot cannot to internet unless i dial it i.e i use a dial-up connection & i tried both ways
1. by connection to internet through dial-up and then installing ais
&
2.without connecting or dialing.
And i forgot to mention that ais does installs on my system but the computer restarts itself
so sorry for scaring all of u and the inconvenience by saying that no version installs on my pc  :-[
But shouldn't it be fixed of that restarting of pc on its own  ???
And please tell me that should i keep my internet connection on or off while installing avast  :P

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 02:12:43 PM »
And please tell me that should i keep my internet connection on or off while installing avast  :P
It's always better to install the antivirus before turning on the connection.

If you still facing problems, I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro. Or even upgrade your key from old versions.
7. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.

WhizzKidRaJ

Sir i din't understand what is scratch . Both the setups of this scratch and mine lokks the same. And yes i'm trying it right now
And thanks for your very quick reply  :D

WhizzKidRaJ

Finally AIS installed with no problems  :D
thanks to Tech sir and all other helpful members of avast
I don't know what was the problem bu this time i installed it from the link that tech sir had given to me and it worked  :)
AVast rocks \m/
Thank you all for ur time @ my post  :-*
But i would keep troubling all of you with my question if i had in the future but i'm confident that there wouldn't be any  :P  :P
Toodles  :P  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
WhizzKidRaJ, there are boots and the use of the avast uninstall tool in between... That's fully scratch.

Finally AIS installed with no problems  :D
thanks to Tech sir and all other helpful members of avast
I don't know what was the problem bu this time i installed it from the link that tech sir had given to me and it worked  :)
AVast rocks \m/
Thank you all for ur time @ my post  :-*
But i would keep troubling all of you with my question if i had in the future but i'm confident that there wouldn't be any  :P  :P
Toodles  :P  ;D
You're welcome. Feel free to come back any time you need help or just to change experiences 8)