Author Topic: Looking up smtp.gmail.com or the socket was disconnected unexpectedly  (Read 20567 times)

Esgrimidor

Re: Looking up smtp.gmail.com or the socket was disconnected unexpectedly
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2011, 08:01:55 PM »
I have two doubts about this problem :

1) I use Thunderbird portable. Usually, in the same pc, I have several windows xp pro installations. By example : system ocium , system proofs .
In system proofs I usually don't have Avast and can be used to act over other partition from a paralel system.
¿ Will function the accounts configurated in TB portable in that case , without Avast! present?

2. A few moments ago I was taking screenshots of "before moment" to begin modifications over the TB accounts.
I need to send a message and try with the actual configuration. I obtained the message looking up smtp.gmail.com and the message not outgo.
Then I disable Avast! for ten minutes.
But the problem persists......

Here the screenshot :

I make several proofs. With goldmine opened (not the email client of Goldmine) or with Goldmine closed with no significant change.

I closed TB and reopen and retry. Same result.

In my past experience . Seem an intermitent problem and with time pass I can send the message doing nothing.

Esgrimidor

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2011, 08:07:32 PM »
As thing seems the problems with the number of accounts seems solved, but I have proposed the problem

LOOKING UP smtp.gmail.com with no answer.

Even I don't know if is a problem with Avast!.

I don't know where to find information about that message. And in TB forum they don't know exactly what is.

Until now seems that the gmail configuration or live account configuration may be wrong, but I don't see the message "looking up smtp.gmail.com" or "looking up smtp.live.com" well referenced.

Can you help me ?

I am in despair during about two months or more with this problem.

Esgrimidor

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »
Estoy cansado con este tema.
Tendré que tomar medidas espectaculares porque nadie sabe nada.
Y nadie ayuda.