Author Topic: My friend's sandbox came up saying it found c:/windows/system32/TPSbattM.exe  (Read 3683 times)

Offline cheater87

It says to put it in the sandbox which is recommended but her internet is down and she does not know if this is causing it or not. Her internet has been wonky for a while so avast has not been updated. Please respond soon ASAP. She has open in sandbox, open normal or cancel opening. What does cancel opening mean? Does it stay on the HDD and just not stay opened. The file origin says c:/windows/system32/TPSmain.exe
I have Opera, WOT, K9 Web Protection, Avast Free web shield and Behavior blocker only, Comodo Internet Security 10, and common sense. ^_^

Dch48

TPSmain is a Toshiba power saver file and should be perfectly safe.

Offline cheater87

Why is the sandbox reporting this file? I'm guessing she should hit open as normal then?
I have Opera, WOT, K9 Web Protection, Avast Free web shield and Behavior blocker only, Comodo Internet Security 10, and common sense. ^_^

Dch48

Why is the sandbox reporting this file? I'm guessing she should hit open as normal then?
I would say yes and tell Avast to remember the answer so it doesn't alert again. The file is probably performing actions common to other things that are actually malicious so Avast is finding it suspicious.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Probably also because of its location (system32) and it probably isn't digitally signed.

If you/she are/is happy about its origin and legitimacy then Yes open it normally and have her check the Remember my decision for this program.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline cheater87

Thanks we did as recommended.