Author Topic: undeletable virus with password getted in unfaindable folder  (Read 1648 times)

Annija

Hello!

Usually if AVAST can't delete virus, I delete it manualy or delete manualy folder where it is inside. But this folder C: Syste Volume Information is not in C disk and not in WINDOWS XP file search results, but when one time I somehow found it (don't remember how, because it that map whas not possible to see even with SHOW HIDDEN FILES option), it or that virus whas asking for password! Computer was fast before that virus, but now is like slower, but qait normal, but sometimes not. I have attached picture of names of these viruses (AVAST CAN'T DELETE).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: undeletable virus with password getted in unfaindable folder
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 05:18:01 PM »
It's the system restore folder.
You need to say windows to delete it.

Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools and click Disk Cleanup.
    Click OK.
    From the Disk Cleanup dialog box, click the More Options tab.
    Click Yes to confirm your actions.
The best things in life are free.

Annija

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 05:33:03 PM »
I cleaned disc with Disk Cleanup (deleted windows temporary files and all another options traied, too), but AVAST scan still shows the same list of that viruses and in same folder.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 05:36:06 PM »
Did you reboot afterwards?  If that doesn't work, try completely disabling system restore, then reboot and enable it again.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum