Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: New Official Avast Program Update 6.0.1125 **  (Read 122668 times)

stefanvalja

Re: ** INTRODUCING: New Official Avast Program Update 6.0.1125 **
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »
Hello, today I installed the latest version of Avast! Free. And I'm very
pleased with the ease with which works at the level of detection is.
I can not understand however, if it works for me Web Rep (Win7 Ultimate SP1
* 86, Google Chrome, IE9) - icon bars on both browser
stays gray and absolutely all sites indicates that the site has not been studied
and still no information. In search of google did not go my reputation
any result .... Otherwise, allow me to vote .....
Sorry for my bad English - I use Google translate, and sorry if somewhere in the forum have information but I have not seen it .. Greetings!

[HUN]kranazoli

« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2011, 04:37:02 PM »
Hello, today I installed the latest version of Avast! Free. And I'm very
pleased with the ease with which works at the level of detection is.
I can not understand however, if it works for me Web Rep (Win7 Ultimate SP1
* 86, Google Chrome, IE9) - icon bars on both browser
stays gray and absolutely all sites indicates that the site has not been studied
and still no information. In search of google did not go my reputation
any result .... Otherwise, allow me to vote .....
Sorry for my bad English - I use Google translate, and sorry if somewhere in the forum have information but I have not seen it .. Greetings!

There's some problem around WebRep. You are not alone. ;)
Check the other topic as well...

jimmy556

« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2011, 09:14:35 PM »
I understand, fully that web rep is having problems. But it's been months that this issue has not been fixed. It's obviously a big issue considering it's not being fixed. I understand that it's not a *big part of security in avast*! But why are we not seeing improvements into the web rep. Why have somthing released when it is not working for the majority of users? ??? ??? As an avast user i would like a time frame on when it will be fixed because it's simply been months since the avast web rep has even worked for me and the majority of avast users.   

stefanvalja

« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2011, 09:49:07 PM »
I don't know what is done, but in this moment WebRep working fine in my IE9 and Google Chrome...Thank You veri much....Regards!

[HUN]kranazoli

« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2011, 09:55:50 PM »
I understand, fully that web rep is having problems. But it's been months that this issue has not been fixed. It's obviously a big issue considering it's not being fixed. I understand that it's not a *big part of security in avast*! But why are we not seeing improvements into the web rep. Why have somthing released when it is not working for the majority of users? ??? ??? As an avast user i would like a time frame on when it will be fixed because it's simply been months since the avast web rep has even worked for me and the majority of avast users.  

Agreed. Yes, this is an annoying problem which comes back time to time. Maybe there are some more serious bugs in Avast or, I don't know. But that's true, that WebRep is very unstable or the server(s) are unreliable...

But now hopefully WebRep working well, on my notebook with Fox4.0.1
:)

lawguy

« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2011, 11:12:09 PM »
I got the news of this on Friday.  Unfortunately, on Thursday, I had a "hiccup" on my Vista home box and had to restore.  Everything came back OK except my old version 6.0.1000.  When I try to install the new one, I get an error message stating --

"There was an error while changing the product configuration."

Help! I am unprotected.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2011, 11:40:48 PM »
System restore can have unforeseen consequences. I suggest that you do a clean reinstall.

- Download the latest version of avast, 6.0.1125 http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 5.x and 6.0.x).
  • 1. Now uninstall avast! (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, first for 5.x if previously installed and then for 6.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Windoor

« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2011, 03:59:04 AM »
I update AVs-free to version 6.0.1125.0 and my windows boot crash in aswsp.sys; my workaround was to rename files aswsp.sys and aswsnx.sys for windows will not load at startup.
¿what role do these files?

Oscár

ftp.avast.com/incoming/

please upload Your OS crashdump there
I have uploaded Mini051611-01.dmp file.

SafeSurf

« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2011, 10:03:33 AM »
@ Windoor,

If you are having a problem, please open up your own thread so we can help you. 

Go to this link, http://forum.avast.com/index.php, scroll down to the Avast Free/Pro/Suite forum and click it, click the New Topic button at the top of the list and post there.  Please cut and paste your mini-dump file name in that new post as well as it will be lost in this thread.  Thank you.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2011, 11:33:48 AM »
I have uploaded Mini051611-01.dmp file.

confirmed, it's a bug in aswsp.sys - we'll fix it
thanks

Tetsuo

« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2011, 09:37:51 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering why in the Settings of the P2P Shield, uTorrent is not checked by default in the client list. All the other clients are checked except uTorrent.
It was the same with the previous versions of Avast! as well.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English,
T.

System Info
Windows XP Pro SP3
Avast Free AV 6.0.1125
Online Armor Free 5.0.0.1097

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2011, 09:43:14 PM »
I was wondering why in the Settings of the P2P Shield, uTorrent is not checked by default in the client list. All the other clients are checked except uTorrent.

see: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=30011.0

Tetsuo

Dch48

« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2011, 10:28:44 PM »

see: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=30011.0
I use uTorrent and have it checked with no problems whatsoever.

bjgood

« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2011, 03:34:01 AM »
I registered here at Avast forums just to say that you've got a real winner in this new Avast 6.0.1125. It functions great. Congratulations.

I hadn't tried Avast since version 4.8 (yes, a long time ago). It was good then but man the difference now is surprising. The interface looks great...very light on system resources without sacrificing effectiveness...truly a great antivirus. I'm going to start pushing Avast to everyone.

Again, congratulations.

Later...

Bob