Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: New Official Avast Program Update 6.0.1125 **  (Read 122610 times)

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: ** INTRODUCING: New Official Avast Program Update 6.0.1125 **
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2011, 12:06:06 AM »
Hi,

I've updated to 6.0.1125 but encountered this error message on scanning:
Unable to start scan. The system cannot open the device or file specified

Any solution to this?

Thanks

You can try this:

-Uninstall Avast(Free,Pro IS) with aswclear.exe (http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility)
-Install Avast ver 6.0.1125(Free,Pro,IS) (http://www.avast.com/download-software)

JaZz!

« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2011, 05:27:57 AM »
Avast works simply PERFECT ;D!

iRonzel

« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2011, 06:38:44 PM »
Avast works simply PERFECT ;D!

Same here in the XP sp3. I will report next week when I have my new computer win7 sp1 64bit.  :)

kryptor

« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2011, 07:22:45 PM »
Hi,

I've updated to 6.0.1125 but encountered this error message on scanning:
Unable to start scan. The system cannot open the device or file specified

Any solution to this?

Thanks

You can try this:

-Uninstall Avast(Free,Pro IS) with aswclear.exe (http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility)
-Install Avast ver 6.0.1125(Free,Pro,IS) (http://www.avast.com/download-software)

Hi JuninhoSlo,
Thanks. Will try that out. I'm using window XP (SP2) with paid Avast.

Hermite15

« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2011, 07:58:40 PM »
don't want to start a new thread just for that: I got an auto-sandbox alert (again? I think it happened before and then not anymore with new builds) for TeraCopy. No big deal I put it in the white list but I wonder what was detected ???

Stickings90

« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2011, 10:37:36 PM »
If an when my desktop returns from PC World and if they have actually wiped the hard drive and restored to factory settings, it looks like I will have to use another anti-virus on it, even though my laptop has had no issues with Avast.

The fact that the original post here mentions that the previous version caused crashes in some machines, could if PC World cotton on, make them say it was all caused by Avast and use that as an excuse to try and say that my service plan I have with them does not cover anything they do.  >:(

Hermite15

« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2011, 10:40:40 PM »
If an when my desktop returns from PC World and if they have actually wiped the hard drive and restored to factory settings, it looks like I will have to use another anti-virus on it, even though my laptop has had no issues with Avast.

The fact that the original post here mentions that the previous version caused crashes in some machines, could if PC World cotton on, make them say it was all caused by Avast and use that as an excuse to try and say that my service plan I have with them does not cover anything they do.  >:(

??? ;D ???

DarkMasters

« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2011, 07:27:24 AM »

And your point is??? I think you should take this (rant) to those PC World fellas...

onepk

« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2011, 11:50:01 AM »
I've been away a while and now my IS screen says:

"A new version of the progran is available! Latest program version: 5.0.1125"

Does it in fact mean 6.0.1125 or is that just a coincidence of numbers?  If I choose the in-product update button will it update from version 5 and install the latest incarnation of version 6 automatically or do I need to uninstall 5 first?

Thanks

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2011, 12:05:41 PM »
If I choose the in-product update button will it update from version 5 and install the latest incarnation of version 6 automatically or do I need to uninstall 5 first?

Yes, it will update your avast to the latest build.
Just click the button. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Micky86

« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2011, 01:08:52 PM »
What about avast 7.0?  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2011, 01:20:08 PM »
Sooner, probably by the end of the year or the beginning of next one. Life goes on :)
The best things in life are free.

ady4um

« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2011, 10:09:28 AM »
Sooner, probably by the end of the year or the beginning of next one. Life goes on :)

I know that this is an OT, but since other users are bringing up this topic...

It took 15 years to get to version 4.0.

Additional 5 years brought us to version 4.8.

Less than 18 months ago we were using version 4.8.

Version 5.0 was "current" for only 9 months.

Version 5.1 had a life of less than 3 months.

Less than 4 months ago we got the first 6.0 release.

There are users still having problems with the newer features of the current major version.

... And users are already asking for version 7.0 ?

I know that some tools are changing their major versions' numbers twice a year, but I don't think that a trusted security tool like Avast should do the same, unless...

Well, unless the current versions are not working so good and/or changing the major version number is a marketing-based decision.

Or maybe I'm too old :P.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2011, 01:21:05 PM »
changing the major version number is a marketing-based decision.
As far I know, they do not follow this scheme. The higher the number of changes in code, the greater the number of the version. They're trying to upgrade the software in such way that in one year we'll have a new version. It's not marketing but a computer/code target as far I know.
The best things in life are free.

Antarctica

« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2011, 02:10:13 PM »
changing the major version number is a marketing-based decision.
As far I know, they do not follow this scheme. The higher the number of changes in code, the greater the number of the version. They're trying to upgrade the software in such way that in one year we'll have a new version. It's not marketing but a computer/code target as far I know.

I do believe you :) but as for myself I never pay any attention to the version number. Could be
6.0.13.25.0,they are only numbers. The most important is that Avast does a good job like now to protect my computer.