Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: New Official Avast Program Update 6.0.1125 **  (Read 122132 times)

Hermite15

Re: ** INTRODUCING: New Official Avast Program Update 6.0.1125 **
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2011, 03:55:12 PM »
;D
 thanks it's amazing, now updating...... 

what is ???  ::)

ady4um

« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2011, 04:13:18 PM »
changing the major version number is a marketing-based decision.
As far I know, they do not follow this scheme. The higher the number of changes in code, the greater the number of the version. They're trying to upgrade the software in such way that in one year we'll have a new version. It's not marketing but a computer/code target as far I know.

I'm not saying that "marketing" is indeed the reason. I have no real knowledge about the reasons. I'm just pointing out that in 15 years, Avast changed from 1.0 to 4.0 and 5 years to get from 4.0 to 4.8. I do NOT think that in 20 years Avast have changed LESS than in the last 18 months :).

Those are numbers. The real job is the important thing. In any case, it seems that some group of users have changed in the last 25 years :D, simply because in the first 20 years there were not so many questions about when the next major version number would be released, specially not after only 4 months of the latest major number upgrade.

Avast, please keep providing good security tools for millions of users, and keep improving. Whichever version number you want to use, it's fine with me :). I haven't asked before, and I never will.

nord

« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2011, 11:38:53 PM »
Thank Google and Chrome for version creep <sigh>

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2011, 03:50:53 AM »
changing the major version number is a marketing-based decision.
As far I know, they do not follow this scheme. The higher the number of changes in code, the greater the number of the version. They're trying to upgrade the software in such way that in one year we'll have a new version. It's not marketing but a computer/code target as far I know.

I'm not saying that "marketing" is indeed the reason. I have no real knowledge about the reasons. I'm just pointing out that in 15 years, Avast changed from 1.0 to 4.0 and 5 years to get from 4.0 to 4.8. I do NOT think that in 20 years Avast have changed LESS than in the last 18 months :).

Those are numbers. The real job is the important thing. In any case, it seems that some group of users have changed in the last 25 years :D, simply because in the first 20 years there were not so many questions about when the next major version number would be released, specially not after only 4 months of the latest major number upgrade.

Avast, please keep providing good security tools for millions of users, and keep improving. Whichever version number you want to use, it's fine with me :). I haven't asked before, and I never will.

Just because malware writer uses a new technique frequently, so avast changes itself to catch them simple. One can't stand on one version through out the year if he came to know that a new category of malware are on rise. avast changes it self to protect us. No matter how many new versions but every iteration protect us one step ahead.

Hope you got my point

Thanks
Ashish
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

Mr.Agent

« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »
Maybe avast! can fix that WebRep Firefox French problem in the UI vote... Look at the corner you will see why i say that... ;)

mongii

« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2011, 11:28:22 PM »
beware, i got disk boot failure when i updated just today.

Philip Hainsworth

« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2011, 07:19:15 PM »
I run this on windows 7 and its fine. However, with XP on my desktop it causes the computer to shut down and restart/shutdown in a loop. Uninstalling avast cures this and reinstalling v5 works fine.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2011, 03:34:24 AM »
I run this on windows 7 and its fine. However, with XP on my desktop it causes the computer to shut down and restart/shutdown in a loop. Uninstalling avast cures this and reinstalling v5 works fine.
Try an installation from scratch. Do you have any other programs that are conflicting with avast?
The best things in life are free.

testerXP3

??? After I reinstall my Compaq with windows XP3 (XP with service pack 3)
I tried to load AVAST and continue to get issues. I can uninstall AVAST and the issues go away.
what is conflicting with a fresh install of Windows XP and the Free version of AVAST?
Issue is if I left click on the screen I get an error...should have written down the message but I get the same message which requires me to click okay and stops me from using the start and add/remove programs until I disable avast...remove it and reboot.

Help!
I see other also get the loop also and end up reinstalling XP Pro Service Pack 3 too to get rid of avast but they could disable it, remove it to get around it but then what?
Would like it fixed...please!!!

Hi Tech,
It fails on DELL as well. For Compaq only installed an ethernet driver from a Compaq CD for the Compaq after XP Pro with Sevice pack 3 (has the Mirocoft Visual C++ 2008 x86 9.0.30729.4148 (all part of the XP install disk) later I added Microsoft office 2003.

Hope that helps,
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:21:50 PM by testerXP3 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2011, 01:23:51 PM »
Sorry testerXP3, does this Compaq has anything preinstalled with XP SP3?
I never experienced a problem installing avast on XP like yours... ::)

Dch48

« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2011, 05:28:40 PM »
I would do two things before installing Avast on a fresh install of Windows. Make sure all device drivers are loaded and working. Then do all Windows updates and make sure you install C++ 2008. After that, then install Avast and it should work perfectly.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2011, 05:33:15 PM »
I would do two things before installing Avast on a fresh install of Windows. Make sure all device drivers are loaded and working. Then do all Windows updates and make sure you install C++ 2008. After that, then install Avast and it should work perfectly.
I tend to agree with you.
Others will defend you shouldn't even connect the computer to get Windows Updates before installing the antivirus.
I've installed three computers last week and did what you've said, updated Windows before installing avast.

scrub

« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2011, 04:38:41 PM »
where are the new sounds? it was said on FB days ago that they were about to release the sounds. what happened?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2011, 04:53:07 PM »
where are the new sounds? it was said on FB days ago that they were about to release the sounds. what happened?

Which new sounds..? (Any link or quote..??)
Here is, what is actually available.
http://www.avast.com/audio
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

scrub

« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2011, 04:03:32 PM »

Which new sounds..? (Any link or quote..??)
Here is, what is actually available.
http://www.avast.com/audio

June 14 at 11:04pm-avast! antivirus:
Hello everyone! Thank you for participation in yesterday's discussion! :) Majority of you liked an idea of contest for a t-shirt design. Since it was most popular one, I will propose it to my manager and try to organise it. :) Tomorrow you can expect 15 NEW VOICES to be available to listen and download from our audio website. We will keep you posted!

Link: https://www.facebook.com/avast just scroll down