Author Topic: Is WebRep still broken?  (Read 3230 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Is WebRep still broken?
« on: May 11, 2011, 07:33:07 AM »
I find it strange that www.rejzor.tk hasn't changed at all for months. It has the same status and despite having bunch of visitors daily, one would think that status will change (improve). Similar for www.badaforums.net. How come the page still has no rating even though i voted for it and considering ppl voted for more obscure pages, this one would get at least some votes. What's going on here?
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Is WebRep still broken?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »
Not sure what you mean, I see a green bar on your site.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Hermite15

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 04:17:10 PM »
wonder what would happen if every site owner came here to complain about web rep rating etc... especially when the owner is just experiencing with his own votes... not to mention the content of the site ::)... in this particular case full of misleading and wrong observations about everything and nothing, e.g. lastpass security or firefox master password behavior...

Go learn about the software you're reviewing before spreading the non-sense that you spread. As far as I'm concerned your site could get wiped off the map I wouldn't give a damn crap. And yeah do us a favor, this is the second or the third thread that you post here to advertise your site, using the pretext of web rep issues, yeah do us a favor, make it be the last time that you post about it here. Thanks >:(

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 07:38:32 PM »
What the hell is your problem? How can avast! team check what's going on if i don't write down the page? I don't have to advertise it here because there is no need to do that. I'm just talking about genuine issue that i'm observing for quite some time now.

DavidR, yes, it's a green bar. But considering the number of unique visitors i have daily, and out of which are probably avast! users i find it very strange that it remains on 1 bar forever and doesn't change at all. Same goes for BadaForums page. I just noticed the "Site has no rating" because i visit it here and there and i also find that strange. Especially since i've seen far more stupid pages to have rating but not his one. And what's bothering me as well is that my page used to have the same status forever. After i asked avast! team about it and one of their team said he'll look into it and a day or two later, green bar popped up. Just 1. And it staid at that forever. It seems like they internally fixed this by hand and that's it. That's why i'm still questioning actual WebRep usability.
First is the rating done by users which is in most cases very unreliable and the second one apparent problem where votes don't seem to get applied at all.

Hermite15

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 07:55:40 PM »
What the hell is your problem? How can avast! team check what's going on if i don't write down the page? I don't have to advertise it here because there is no need to do that. I'm just talking about genuine issue that i'm observing for quite some time now.

I thought I was clear enough but you don't seem to understand quick, so never mind and go ahead, Avast needs your feedback on WebRep ;D

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 08:20:25 PM »
Well you made it cler that you don't like my blog and that you don't like my thread about WebRep. That's all i could work out from your post.

Hermite15

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »
well that's a good start... but unfortunately a dead end it seems :(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 11:14:22 PM »
RejZor, I did what I can... but only avast team could say how many users have voted...
The best things in life are free.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 12:07:59 AM »
They have certainly changed the rules for categories. Back in the beginning i could vote for a category on a page without any votes and after few hours those categories appeared globaly. But i think they have increased the number so it's harder to skew the results.
I know they'll never release numbers to public but something is going on here.

jimmy556

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 12:13:42 AM »
RejZoR i love you're blog i think it's great. I don't, see anything wrong with your post other than wanting to get feedback. A forum is about asking questions and getting an answer and a solution to a problem. I don't think logos understands that yet even after 8000 posts.  ;)

jimmy556

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 12:34:56 AM »
Web rep works great for me. Thanks to the avast team that made it possible thanks for your time and development into this product. PS thanks to the mod that deleted those spam messages as well very appreciated.  ;)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 08:07:44 AM »
It works fine for most pages but there are some that just have weird results or ratings. Not in terms of red on a good page but more like a page with loads of visitors and not a single rating. Or a page with lots of visitors and just one green bar that never moves to two or three green bars.