Author Topic: Windows updates problem  (Read 2595 times)

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
Windows updates problem
« on: May 13, 2011, 12:58:55 PM »
From yesterday I have a big problem with my Windows 7. When I starting computer It says Preparing configuration of updates for Windows 7.
Progress 0%
Don't turn off your computer

-This takes about 5-20 mins and then It says Cancelling updating...Then the computer starts normally...
How to delete those upates or how to solve this?
Has this something to do with Avast?
Please help!
Thx
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:13:27 PM by danny96 »
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Windows updates problem
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 01:48:38 PM »
Control Panel > Troubleshooting should help.
Sorry I can only post a screenshot of the Windows Update troubleshooter in Portuguese.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The best things in life are free.

sunrisecc

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »
From yesterday I have a big problem with my Windows 7. When I starting computer It says Preparing configuration of updates for Windows 7.
Progress 0%
Don't turn off your computer

-This takes about 5-20 mins and then It says Cancelling updating...Then the computer starts normally...
How to delete those upates or how to solve this?
Has this something to do with Avast?
Please help!
Thx

I saw the same problem and had to do the update twice. I do not have Avast on my Win 7 computer. Hence it is not an Avast problem.

jomackenzie

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 01:57:11 PM »
I downloaded the update for the free version today & Windows Vista would not start after the automatic restart.  Eventually my computer went into DOS & restored Windows.  Since then, avast! is disconnected.  I DO NOT want to go through this again, so I am very wary of hitting the "fix it" button.  What to do?

jomackenzie

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 02:40:09 PM »
I downloaded the update for the free version today & Windows Vista would not start after the automatic restart.  Eventually my computer went into DOS & restored Windows.  Since then, avast! is disconnected.  I DO NOT want to go through this again, so I am very wary of hitting the "fix it" button.  What to do?
Just rebooted & now avast! is running.  Hey ho...

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »
thx to all for answers!
But I resolve problem earlier... anyway thx!
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10