Author Topic: Praise and a question  (Read 9736 times)

LadyLianan

Praise and a question
« on: February 17, 2003, 11:53:02 PM »
On suggestion from an IT friend, I downloaded and installed your trial Avast v.4 Professional version. Imagine my alarm to have your program alert on a Trojan in my system! I HAVE a Trojan monitor that DID NOT find it. WIN 32: Trojan-gen.{Delphi} was imbedded behind my Windows ME System Restore. With help from my IT friend, I have the system cleaned now...but without Avast, I was completely in the dark...THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!!  ;D

My question is this: Is there a way to keep the On-Access Scanner running without having to have the scrolling pop up all the time? Can there be a setting giving the option of turning this off?

Lady Lianan

Pavel Mourek

Re:Praise and a question
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2003, 04:13:49 PM »
To get rid of blue (a) icon in system tray put ShowTaskbarIcon=0 in Avast4.ini file (in [AAVM] sesction) and restart PC. On-access scanner will be working but without that icon.

LadyLianan

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2003, 07:25:52 PM »
Ok...now I'm really starting to feel line a newbie...where do I find these files?

Wolfie0827

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2003, 02:18:11 AM »
Can be found in the
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA

Look in that directory/folder and you should see the file in question, double click it and look for the line that says

"ShowTaskbarIcon=1" and change the 1 to 0
if it's not in the file add the line as follows under the section marked as [AAVM]
ShowTaskbarIcon=0