1. What other security software do you currently
have or did you have in the past
on this machine including:
- Antivirus (AV) - what was your previous Avast version that you upgraded from?
- Firewall (FW)
- Trial versions
of AV, FW and other security programs
- Other security software
- If they were in the past, how did you remove them (the vendor's uninstaller's tool or another way)?
2. Have you tried an Avast Repair:
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus.
- Scroll down and choose Repair function in the pop-up window.
3. Have you done a scan with Avast to make sure you are clean of infection?
4. If you have no other security software in the past and the Avast Repair did not work, you may need to uninstall and do a clean install of Avast:
1. Save a copy of Avast and save it to your HDD (if not all ready done):http://www.avast.com/download-software
– all products
2. Download the Avast Uninstall Utility http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear6.exe
and save it to your HDD.
3. Disconnect from the Internet at this time.
4. Go to Control Panel and uninstall Avast through Add/Remove Programs if possible and reboot.
5. If Step 4 fails, boot into Safe Mode
(hit F8 repeatedly) and run the Avast Uninstall Tool. Uninstall ALL previous versions and products of Avast at this time and reboot in between
7. Install the newest version of Avast and reboot
8. Get Internet access and register your copy or add the license key for AIS.
9. Update the Avast definitions.
Let us know how things go. Thank you.