Author Topic: Windows XP Pro Password Help  (Read 11946 times)

conazus

Re:Windows XP Pro Password Help
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2004, 07:55:43 AM »
David,

Heres the info on where I was able to fix that password prob:

Login to the computer as Administrator.  Go into Control Panel, then User Accounts.  Highlight the account you need to fix.  

click Advanced Tab at top
Under Advanced user management click the Advanced button
double click Users Folder
Hightlight the account you need to fix on the right
double click
check "password never expires"
click  OK
File - EXIT
click OK
Close control panel
reboot computer

I had to retrace my steps back into there this evening as he wound up locking himself out of the computer.      One of our desktop computers is networked to it, and we had a keyboard act up here...  in logging onto the desktop the password was being put in wrong do to the keyboard being screwed up.. it wound up locking his account out of the laptop.  

If that happens you can go into the same place as Administrator and uncheck  "Account is disabled"
 ::) ::)

Well,  it worked.    I still do not know why I cannot fix it the other way.. but all the options were greyed out when I went in there.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 05:04:57 PM by connie »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Windows XP Pro Password Help
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2004, 01:18:32 PM »
Thanks,

My curiosity is more to do with, the answer may help others with a similar problem in the future (they may find it with the search function).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security