Author Topic: Block multiple URLs  (Read 2725 times)

arcejs

Block multiple URLs
« on: May 21, 2011, 04:12:31 AM »
Hi Avast Fans ;)

I want to ask if there is a way to block multiple URLs at "URL BLOCK" of avast... but 1 by 1... all links together

is that possible?

Thnks ;)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Block multiple URLs
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 04:57:40 AM »
have you looked in the "help guide" ?  top right corner when you open avast

arcejs

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 05:49:53 AM »
have you looked in the "help guide" ?  top right corner when you open avast

Really... no, i didnt...

But now  i did, and only say the description of what is the URL Blocker... (i have spanish version)

not very usefull answer xD lets google it better maybe

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 04:48:23 PM »
There is no means of entering multiple URLs into the site blocking using the avastUI.

However, you could manually edit the webshield.ini file using Notepad and copy and past some into the [WebScanner] section of the webshield.ini file. each entry has to be separated by a ; and if you use wildcards their use has to be correct or you could be blocking sites that you didn't intend.

See image example, were I created two site blocking entries *google.com* and yahoo.com, just to show where they would go in the webshield.ini file.

Personally, that said, the site blocking really isn't designed for this multiple entry or blocking and you should use a better tool, HOSTS file (or HOSTS file manager), Firewall, Browser (add-ons, etc.), most of which are designed for this sort of thing.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security