Author Topic: Avast Automatic Registration  (Read 3450 times)

kfox112

Avast Automatic Registration
« on: May 18, 2011, 11:12:21 PM »
Does Avast 6 have some sort of auto-registration feature that I'm not aware of?

I just installed Avast on a new laptop for a relative of mine, and after going to the maintenance >> registration tab, it looks like it's already registered:

I definitely didn't register it already, unless of course I'm loosing my mind.  :)  I was trying to figure out how to un-register/re-register since I would have liked the registration to not expire for a year, and also for it to be registered to my cousin's email address, but it doesn't look like that is possible anymore.

So now I'm just curious why/how it registered itself?

Thanks & take care,
-Kyle

DarkMasters

Re: Avast Automatic Registration
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 11:45:15 PM »
What version of Avast that you install?

When I'm installing the newest version of Avast Free from scratch it's already auto registered for 1 month forward from my installation date. However, yours look like it's auto registered for 3 month from your installation date  ???. Well, I think it's the trial period for the Pro or IS version of Avast.

Indeed it's auto registered and you simply need to registering your Avast version within that 3 month given before it's expired with any email address that you prefer.

I think Avast auto registered itself the moment it connected to internet and updating it's definition for the first time.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 11:52:24 PM by DarkMasters »

Jack 1000

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 11:58:26 PM »
Yea,

I was going to ask the OP the same question.  What version of Avast is this?  The lack of Auto-Registration is the ONLY critique I have about the current Avast software.  If auto registration ever comes out for Avast it would be the greatest feature, where MSE could no longer say they are the ones that have auto registration and Avast doesn't.  Avast Auto-Registration is my most requested feature for Avast 7.

Jack

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 01:49:50 AM »
Has anyone noticed the two dates. I think they are using 6.0.1125.
5/17/11 till 8/15/11. It is more than the 30 day grace period.
What does it say on the main screen of the GUI?   :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

SafeSurf

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 10:12:24 AM »
The OP could have also put in an existing Key that they had which would expire on the given expiration date, but without knowing what product they have (Free, Pro, AIS), we don't have enough information.

Since this was a clean install, if the product was the Free version and they got this problem with the dates (and the time/date on the machine is correct), I would suggest a reboot first.  If that does not fix the problem, then try an Avast Repair:
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus.
- Scroll down and choose Repair function in the pop-up window.
- Reboot.
If this fails to fix the problem, then we need to know the answer to the first sentence in my post before recommending an uninstall/clean install.