Author Topic: Just updated Avast Program and now Home network not working -PLEASE IGNORE  (Read 2251 times)

Offline bstock

Have just updated Avast program on my wireless laptop and wired desktop and now my home network does not appear to work
Any ideas??

EDIT - Sorry guys seems OK now, strange though!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 11:54:30 PM by bstock »
Acer Aspire 5742Z / Pentium P6100 2GHz / 4GB Ram / 500GB HDD / Windows 7 Home Premium / Avast!Internet Security 7.0.1456 / SUPER AntiSpyware Professional / Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free /Firefox 14.0.1/ IE9 / Mozilla Thunderbird 14.1 / TrueCrypt

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Just updated Avast Program and now Home network not working
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 12:13:58 AM »
Not work? What do you mean? Can't boot? Can't login? Can't update avast?
The best things in life are free.

Offline bstock

Thanks Tech but everything is OK now
Acer Aspire 5742Z / Pentium P6100 2GHz / 4GB Ram / 500GB HDD / Windows 7 Home Premium / Avast!Internet Security 7.0.1456 / SUPER AntiSpyware Professional / Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free /Firefox 14.0.1/ IE9 / Mozilla Thunderbird 14.1 / TrueCrypt

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Thanks Tech but everything is OK now
What did you do? ;D
The best things in life are free.

gallo

Avast Database update and now no access to the web with my browser
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 11:41:27 AM »

After Avast Database update I can't access the web with my browser while other link stille active (outlook, MSN Messenger)
I must desactivate Avast to access any url on the web whatever is the browser Firefox, Opera or Chrome.
I run under Windows7 32bit

Please help
thanks
Gerard

SafeSurf

@ gallo,

Please start a New Topic of your own as this will just confuse the current thread and we will help you there. 

Go to this link, http://forum.avast.com/index.php, scroll down to the Avast Free/Pro/Suite forum and click it, click the New Topic button at the top of the list and post there.  You can cut and paste the information you put in this thread into your new thread.  Thank you.

Mention in your new thread the following:

1.   What version of Avast did you install?   
2.   What product of Avast did you install?  Free, Pro, AIS?
3.   What other security software do you currently have or did you have in the past on this machine including:
- Antivirus (AV)
- Firewall (FW)
- Trial versions of AV, FW and other security programs
- Other security software
- If they were in the past, how did you remove them (the vendor's uninstaller's tool or  another way)?