Author Topic: Web shield vs Network shield  (Read 2884 times)

dbaryl

Web shield vs Network shield
« on: May 22, 2011, 08:13:59 AM »
Is there a need for me to run the Web shield when the Network shield is already up? I connect to the internet thru a wireless router, and the network shield shows that is scans the web.

On a separate note, I have not been able to access the internet with the web shield up. I thought it might be because of my firewall, Comodo, but when I exit the firewall it still doesn't work.

Gargamel360

Re: Web shield vs Network shield
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 08:29:06 AM »
Is there a need for me to run the Web shield when the Network shield is already up?
They are 2 different things with different methods/purposes.  So you certainly compromise some security by turning one off.

On a separate note, I have not been able to access the internet with the web shield up. I thought it might be because of my firewall, Comodo, but when I exit the firewall it still doesn't work.
I'm betting you mean "browser" access, not total connection loss?

Raveen Kool

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 09:04:09 AM »
I think....

Web shield is browser based protection...

Network shield is connection based protection....

harryjamesuk

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 01:54:33 PM »
They Are Both Two Different Things:

- Avast Web Sheild -

This Will Scan The Website And Eliminate Any Threats Detected Before They Access Your System.

- Avast Network Sheild -

This Will Stop Any Virus's From Other Computers Being Sent Over Across The Network. E.G: Transfer File From GamingComputer To WorkingComputer Which Has A Virus In. Avast Will Stop The Virus Being Sent. Also, This Blocks Access To Known Malicious URL's.

Hope This Helps!  ;D