Author Topic: Blue screens from Avast when useing HFS+ file system on USB storage  (Read 3132 times)

Offline psyfer9983

Hi. This is not the first time this has happened. First, my PC specs.

ASUS G53JW
Intel Core i7-740QM
6GB of RAM
1T HDD (500GBx2)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 460M (1.5GB on board memory)
Windows 7 Home Premium
Newest build of Avast with newest definitions.

Second, my external hard drives.

1x Seagate Desk 1.5T - HFS+ formatted.
2x Seagate Desk 1T - HFS+ formatted.
5 others that are mixed manufactures, different sizes, but all are NTFS formatted.

My problem is I get blue screens time to time from Avast when I plug in any of my external USB hard drives that have a Mac file system (HSF+). I use MacDrive to manage the file system but MacDrive is not the problem. The blue screen has one of the DLL files from Avast, I think ashServ.dll is the one. Most of the time it is an endless loop of blue screens until I unplug the USB drive. But here is the kicker, when this happens, Avast will blue screen on any USB drive no matter if it is a HSF+ file system or not. I have to remove Avast, and reinstall it. Some times I have to remove the USB 2.0 and 3.0 drivers form the system and let it reinstall them after Avast is uninstalled due to Avast missing the drivers up. This is not acceptable. Any help will be great. If you need the blue screen dump, let me know.

Offline psyfer9983

Re: Blue screens from Avast when useing HFS+ file system on USB storage
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 06:44:00 AM »
Ok, It's almost a month and no body knows anything? I still get this from time to time. I have to use the HFS+ file system due to the MS lackeys not supporting NTFS on the Xbox 360. And I know that I could use FAT32 on the 360, but I have a lot of 1080p movies that are 6GB or more which is why I use HSF+ due to FAT32 not supporting any file size over 2 or 4GB.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:23:33 AM »
Please upload a few of the dumps to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

Offline psyfer9983

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 07:10:30 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, been out of town. Do you want the blue screen dumps?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 08:40:59 PM »
yes, please

Offline psyfer9983

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 11:03:03 AM »
I forgot about this and the notification email. Anyway, I no long have the dumps. I did a reload due to windows not agreeing with me. If it happens again, which it will eventually, I will post the dumps. Thanks!!!