Author Topic: Limit on Registrations?  (Read 2993 times)

BRANDONN2008

Limit on Registrations?
« on: May 23, 2011, 02:41:34 AM »
Hello. I know that Avast! free is for home use, but to prevent people from using it for their business, does Avast! keep track of how many times the same email is used to register? I have had to reinstall Avast! a few times and used the same email each time. So at some point will it fail to register with that email, or is it unlimited?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Limit on Registrations?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 02:54:51 AM »
I never heard it was a limit for that.
The best things in life are free.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 05:17:20 AM »
Hello. I know that Avast! free is for home use, but to prevent people from using it for their business, does Avast! keep track of how many times the same email is used to register? I have had to reinstall Avast! a few times and used the same email each time. So at some point will it fail to register with that email, or is it unlimited?

You don't have to worry about that.  If it fails to register with that email address, you could probably call or email support and explain the situation.

That being said, don't abuse the system. I'm sure if they found 6895 free registrations under the same email address, it might catch their attention.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:07:00 PM by scythe944 »
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 02:51:58 PM »
Of course I was talking about legit email registration... not piracy :)
The best things in life are free.