Author Topic: Win32.Inject.bdka  (Read 1774 times)

gordon451

Win32.Inject.bdka
« on: June 15, 2011, 04:19:29 AM »
G'day all -

Hope I'm in the right place!

This morning, about 09:30 West Australian time, I checked my emails, and received a zip file.

The short story is that avast! totally didn't pick it up, even when I explicitly scanned it.  BTW, v5.1.889, 'cos I use W2K.  So I used the online scanner.  Nothing.  Clean.

I thought, maybe it's brand new, and Sunday's update won't catch it.  Downloaded yesterday's definitions -- we won't see today's until late this arvo -- but again, nothing.

I wasn't satisfied -- there's an exe in the zip, and I didn't request the exe -- so went to Kaspersky. "UPS_Document.exe - infected by Trojan.Win32.Inject.bdka"

Now I'm not a whinger, especially since the product is a) free, and b) supports W2K, but OTOH if I totally relied on the virus-killer like so many people do, and simple minded enough (or use Outlook Express) to open an important-looking attachment, then my whole month is ruined trying to undo the damage.

I have submitted it to the avast! virus lab while downloading yesterday's update, so they now have no excuse.

But I've just lost confidence in the product.  How do I know it's catching all the stuff which sneaks into the off-springs' machines on this LAN?

I'm no longer happy.

Gordon.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Win32.Inject.bdka
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 07:10:57 AM »
But I've just lost confidence in the product.  How do I know it's catching all the stuff which sneaks into the off-springs' machines on this LAN?
you don`t....as no security program have 100% detection and never will

New Fake UPS/DHL/FedX  doc. are released every day......so if/when you recive one (especially if you don`t expect one) you should be suspicious and upload it to www.virustotal.com and test it with 43 malware scanners