Author Topic: why does avast continue to use iYogi?  (Read 4434 times)

tanglewood

why does avast continue to use iYogi?
« on: May 27, 2011, 02:18:30 AM »
I have a brand new computer. Today I decided to uninstall the trial version of Norton and go with Avast Pro. I had successfully done the download and run the setup. There was a message about a license key and I wasn't sure that I was supposed to get this before doing the setup so I called Avast support contractor, Iyogi. What a mistake! They took over my machine, installed some software to show I had 'Errors' (one of the programs on the list was Google Update), did a REGEDIT to change the registry, Why? They were trying to use the 'Error' log to sell their services and became very perturbed that I would not sign up. After I got off the phone, my computer was frozen and showing 100% CPU usage. I used system restore to in effect uninstall Avast and hopefully remove the damage Iyogi did. My computer seems to be ok now. Do a Google search on iYogi and you will see just what kind of company they are.   

Gargamel360

Re: why does avast continue to use iYogi?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 02:44:29 AM »
Avast! has someone for iYogi complaints. Contact him via  riley(@)avast(dot)com, and share your wonderful customer experience with him.

Adam Riley

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 08:19:45 AM »
I have a brand new computer. Today I decided to uninstall the trial version of Norton and go with Avast Pro. I had successfully done the download and run the setup. There was a message about a license key and I wasn't sure that I was supposed to get this before doing the setup so I called Avast support contractor, Iyogi. What a mistake! They took over my machine, installed some software to show I had 'Errors' (one of the programs on the list was Google Update), did a REGEDIT to change the registry, Why? They were trying to use the 'Error' log to sell their services and became very perturbed that I would not sign up. After I got off the phone, my computer was frozen and showing 100% CPU usage. I used system restore to in effect uninstall Avast and hopefully remove the damage Iyogi did. My computer seems to be ok now. Do a Google search on iYogi and you will see just what kind of company they are.   

Good morning,

Thank you for your posting.  I will send you an email now so as to ascertain the full details from you and of course we can get the call logs from iYogi to find out exactly what happened here.

Best regards,
Adam Riley
Third Party Support Manager

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 08:56:48 AM »
I'm also wondering why you guys are insisting on them. So far i haven't heard a single positive comment about them.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Tripcat

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 12:58:26 AM »
I also have some serious complaints about dealing with iYogi in trying to get Avast installed on my husband's computer today - and on my own back in April.  I have sent an email this evening to Adam at the 'riley@' address, as described in this thread and look forward to hearing back.  Thanks for your kind assistance.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 02:11:23 AM »
Personally I would ask the questions directly on the forums, if the problem still exists.

Use the New Topic button at the top of the page on this link, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0 and we will try to help you, no strings attached.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security