Author Topic: avast! network shield support hidden driver blockin my online games  (Read 3774 times)

Galih

Good morning (in my country)
Hi, im indonesian
sincerely i play online games Point Blank or the name is Project Blackout in USA
earlier my OS is windows 7 with free avast home installed and nothing seem to be a problem when i launch the games, then i change to windows xp sp3 fully updated, Point Blank won't start after Hackshield updates and nothing happen (games don't show up)
i browse the internet to get answer and i found that hidden driver avast! network shield support is the problem
i already boot scan my pc, make exclusions in avast but my game wont start  :(, then i try to disabled avast network shield but still problem with the game  :-\, finally i disabled hidden driver avast! network shield support via device manager and my game is fix
but i dont want loosing avast! network shield support to play my game, is anyway to solve this problem?  ???

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
welcome to the forum.

what verion of avast are you using when you get that problem 5 or 6?
do you have other sequrity product like a third party firewall that could block the game from running at 100%?
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Galih

hi, sori to take long to reply ur question, being busy on work.
installed free home edition avast 6.0.1125 fully updated.

Galih

forget to mention no third party firewall installed just xp firewall (nothing i change)