Author Topic: Troubles after re-installation...  (Read 1436 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

algasys

  • Guest
Troubles after re-installation...
« on: May 27, 2011, 01:26:50 PM »
Hello World, how are you?

I had to return my PC to the ASUS support and this one went back without all my softwares.

Thus I have to reinstall completely the computer. Naturally I first install all my protection software as Avast Pro.

Thus this one run correctly till today.

This morning, I got a MSG "Failed to load language DLL (1033) UILANGRES.DLL.

So I decide to re re install Avast.

Firstly I run "aswclear" to uninstall the antivirus.
After I downloaded from Avast the last release.

The installation process run correctly and did a verification of my system.

But NOW AVAST PRO refuse To protect my pc because the avast service don't run. I have tried to start this service manually. No way!  :'(

"dependency error 1075".

I don't know what that means and I don't what to do.

During this time my computer is not protected thus is there somebody who can urgently help me?
May be guys from Avast support?

Please help me?

have a nice day.

Ala


Offline DavidR

  • Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • *****
  • Posts: 86670
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Troubles after re-installation...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 02:56:48 PM »
My first action if I got the Failed to load language DLL (1033) UILANGRES.DLL message, would have been to reboot. If the same message was displayed again, then I would have tried the avast repair, either of these may have resolved the problem without the need for a reinstall.

I don't know if your method of uninstalling might have had anything to do with this, but your first action (after downloading the latest version and the uninstall tool) should have been to uninstall avast in the normal way using add remove programs and then run the uninstall utility from safe mode.

It is hard to say what that dependency is, as if you google that error you get a whole slew of hits, http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dependency+error+1075.

My problem is not knowing how to find out what that dependency is (a services that is required by avast, isn't present).

So all I can suggest is doing a clean reinstall but in this order:
- Download the latest version of avast Pro, 6.0.1125 and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 5.x and 6.0.x).
  • 1. Now uninstall avast! (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, first for 5.x if previously installed and then for 6.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 22.5.6015 (build 22.5.7263.730) UI 1.0.711/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security