Author Topic: Custom Avast sounds  (Read 18572 times)

Nesivos

Re: Custom Avast sounds
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 11:28:36 PM »
With Avast having tens of millions of users I would think that these famous people would offer to do it for free given all the free advertising that it would give them.

Well, I can imagine such people may have quite a few similar offers... and possibly a lot of other things to do - than spend time in a recording studio. However, I'd say the main problem is to get through to these people - over their agents.

For example the voice message could say:  Hi this is so and so and your virus definitions have been updated.

Personally, I don't like this "Hi this is..." (I believe we actually have something similar in one of the Polish themes). I mean, might be funny at first, but if you hear it every day, possibly even twice a day...
(just my personal opinion though)

Nothing to get these people into a recording studio.  They are always around one.  In fact a lot of them have studios in their homes. So all they have to do is read a few lines for Avast while they are in the studio and finished.   All of maybe a minute tops.

As far as what they say I hear ya.  I leave that up to the Avast team to figure out.  However, no problem getting through to them.   Start with a famous person from the Czech Republic that one of the people in Avast knows.  Its not like The Czech Republic is that a big a country where no one in Avast would not know one of these people.  Start with that one or two countryman/countrywomen and see how it goes.   If people like it then I am sure that the famous people who someone at Avast knows, knows people that are famous that don't live in the Czech Republic.  So on an so forth.

I agree at least initially it would be difficult to go through agents but through personal relationships it might just work enough to get the ball rolling.

How exactly it would be done I leave that up to the Avast team. :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:33:35 PM by Nesivos »

ViniH

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 02:51:34 AM »
Start with a famous person from the Czech Republic that one of the people in Avast knows.  Its not like The Czech Republic is that a big a country where no one in Avast would not know one of these people.

Are you for real?

Nesivos

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 03:08:18 AM »
Start with a famous person from the Czech Republic that one of the people in Avast knows.  Its not like The Czech Republic is that a big a country where no one in Avast would not know one of these people.

Are you for real?

Do you have clue how much the creators and owners of Avast are worth?  I don't but I know it is more than enough to run in the elite circles in the Czech Republic.

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 03:29:47 AM »
I would like to see the old avast! 4.8 sound remade as a Custom Sound for avast would be nice :P
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

mantra

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 07:26:22 AM »
does nobody want a Female sexy voice , do not you?

spg SCOTT

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 08:52:28 PM »
I would like to see the old avast! 4.8 sound remade as a Custom Sound for avast would be nice :P

I found this in my dropbox ;D (I think I was messing with it when I was making the soundpack tutorial)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3105891/avast_soundpacks/avast4sounds.avastsounds

Only has 4 sounds though:

pup-detected (generic warning siren)
suspicious detected
threat detected
database updated

As well as the in your face (LOUD) ones, I would like to see some subtle sounds too...There was one trackback entry on the blog which had a few good subtle sounds to use for a soundpack, but the site is down...

ArtemisF0wl

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 03:21:28 PM »
 ;D  thanks for that, Scott. it brings back old memories, i think ill use that one for awhile

ViniH

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 12:39:02 AM »

Are you for real?

Do you have clue how much the creators and owners of Avast are worth?  I don't but I know it is more than enough to run in the elite circles in the Czech Republic.

You seemed to intimate that the country was so small that someone at avast MUST know someone famous?  Perhaps it was just badly worded, but it's not like there isn't precedent for Americans and such thoughts/comments/statements about other countries. :P

Anyway I have done one sound pack so far and I will do some more and post them at a later date.

They are/will be all be available at http://www.vinih.com/avast/.

ArtemisF0wl

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 12:47:31 AM »
thanks viniH, bookmarked! :D

miscreant

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2011, 09:54:11 PM »
Id like to get an arnie terminator pack.I think it would be fun to hear a "you are terminated" voice from arnie :)
m

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 06:46:33 AM »
A sticky...no.  Sorry. If we start messing with the software where will it end. I perfectly happy with avast being a top of the line security software. I'd hate to see it get so bloated no one would download it. Next someone will want whistles and bells along with a choir.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.