Author Topic: [Resolved] Avast site links problem  (Read 8383 times)

SafeSurf

Re: Avast site links problem
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 11:34:37 AM »
Are you having this problem only with the Avast forum or browsing in general (all browsers or which ones)?

Offline havildar

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 11:47:51 AM »
No other browsing problems, SafeSurf, except for the new Avast (with Avast 6 theme) forum pages. The general titles list is ok, strangely enough. It`s only when I click a link that I get this right-shift.

I use only Firefox 3 (not updated to 4 yet), and IE 8 but not very often and I don`t think IE 9 is compatible with XP.
Windows XP Sp3 Home desktop, Windows 10 Pro laptop, Avast 17.8.2318 Free , Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free), SpywareBlaster. SuperAntispyware, WOT. Firefox Quantum.

SafeSurf

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 11:56:34 AM »
You are correct in that XP is not compatible with IE 9 and never will be to my knowledge.

I would recommend upgrading FF to the latest version to see if this fixes your problem, not to mention the upgrade provides add some security features.

I also use ABP in FF, and don't have an issue with XP-H SP3 or with XP-Pro SP3, so I don't think it is an ABP problem.

If after upgrading FF, you still have a problem, you may want to try a different theme with the Avast forum and find one that you like.  However when you sign out, it will go back to the default, which will give you the problem again.  I, too, also have to scroll sideways to see everything since I don't have a mega-screen.  :P  But I'm fine when I'm signed into the forum.

Offline havildar

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 12:13:02 PM »
I think that's maybe part of my problem, SafeSurf, the large screen, I mean. I can see everything wrong with a web page without the need to do any scrolling at all. :o

Anyhow, the Avast 5 theme seems to have fixed it for now, except when I'm lurking, of course, not signed in but just to see what's been going on with Avast.

Something else I`ve noticed though, is that when I have an update for Avast 6, Comodo lists it in "x files(s) waiting for your review" as updates for Avast 5 ... not sure what that's all about.  ???
Windows XP Sp3 Home desktop, Windows 10 Pro laptop, Avast 17.8.2318 Free , Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free), SpywareBlaster. SuperAntispyware, WOT. Firefox Quantum.

SafeSurf

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 12:26:02 PM »
I think that's maybe part of my problem, SafeSurf, the large screen, I mean. I can see everything wrong with a web page without the need to do any scrolling at all. :o
You can try to re size your screen and see if this helps if you have a large screen.

Anyhow, the Avast 5 theme seems to have fixed it for now, except when I'm lurking, of course, not signed in but just to see what's been going on with Avast.
This is by default, at least for now.  It may change in the future, but I do not know.

Something else I`ve noticed though, is that when I have an update for Avast 6, Comodo lists it in "x files(s) waiting for your review" as updates for Avast 5 ... not sure what that's all about.  ???
This is something you see in Comodo?

Offline havildar

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 12:30:52 PM »
Yes, in Comodo UI main page, near the bottom.

SafeSurf

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 12:33:33 PM »
Since I do not use Comodo, I'm sure others here will have comments to say about that perhaps later.  I will check back with you later to see, however in the meantime, you may want to check the Comodo forum as well.

Offline havildar

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 12:36:49 PM »
This kind of notification is quite normal in Comodo, SafeSurf. It`s a kind of secondary check, I suppose, to see that incoming files are not something nasty.

It`s just odd that they are listed as Avast 5, not Avast 6.

SafeSurf

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 12:44:46 PM »
If you upgraded from Avast 5 to 6, the files are located in Avast 5.  If you did a clean install of Avast 6, they are located in a different location on your machine.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 02:50:44 PM »
Thanks Asyn,
That seems to have done the trick (Avast 5 theme):

You're welcome..!
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 03:02:01 PM »
I need to be logged in, though. Here's the same page not logged in:

That's normal, as long as you aren't logged in you automtically see the current default theme. ;)

1. You are correct in that XP is not compatible with IE 9 and never will be to my knowledge.

2. I would recommend upgrading FF to the latest version to see if this fixes your problem, not to mention the upgrade provides add some security features.

1. Right.
2. The users problem is not related to ff version, see my sig. ;)

Just allow it. ;)
If you are asked, set it to update/system.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

SafeSurf

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2011, 09:40:07 AM »
havildar,

Is everything working out for you now?  If not, please let us know.  If you feel that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  Thank you.  :)

Offline havildar

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2011, 01:26:44 PM »
Many thanks both, for your help.

I`ll have a go at closing this thread now.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 08:55:55 AM »
Many thanks both, for your help.

I`ll have a go at closing this thread now.

You're welcome..!