Author Topic: avast! 6 free + comodo firewall 5 (without defense +) compatibility / exclusions  (Read 5905 times)

enemyofarsenic

Hi everybody!

First time posting here in the forums. Just wondering if there are known incompatibilities between avast! 6 free and comodo firewall 5 free (without defense +). I actually did some research on it but the answers that i got were quite unclear to me, I apologize. I'm hoping to get some feedback from you guys about it. So far, it seems to be running okay but I just want to make sure.

Should I set exclusions to avast! 6 free and comodo firewall 5 free (without defense +)?

My Setup:

Windows 7 Starter
avast! 6 free (all shields enabled) (exclusions set for malwarebytes anti-malware pro)
malwarebytes anti-malware pro (exclusions set for avast! 6 free)
winpatrol plus
comodo firewall (without defense +)

If I missed any info that you guys need, just tell me okay? So far that's pretty much it hehe. Thanks in advance. :)

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
I would set all instances of avast to allow in comodo and add the comodo program file and program data file to the exclusions in avast file system shield.
It might be wise to exclude comodo and MBAM Pro from each other as well.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:43:44 AM by craigb »

enemyofarsenic

@craigb thanks for the response

Is there like a site/post/tutorial for the avast! 6 and comodo firewall setup similar to this http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138&st=0&p=181018&#? I was able to set exclusions for both avast! 6 and malwarebytes anti-malware pro using that.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
@craigb thanks for the response

Is there like a site/post/tutorial for the avast! 6 and comodo firewall setup similar to this http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138&st=0&p=181018&#? I was able to set exclusions for both avast! 6 and malwarebytes anti-malware pro using that.
No site that i know of personally, just add the exclusions that i mentioned and you'll be fine.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
1. Just wondering if there are known incompatibilities between avast! 6 free and comodo firewall 5 free (without defense +).

2. Should I set exclusions to avast! 6 free and comodo firewall 5 free (without defense +)?

1. No.
2. No.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

iroc9555

Enemyofarsenic.

Since cfpconfg.exe (Comodo) was showing in Avast Autosandbox logs quite often, I added it to Autosandbox excluded files. Mind you I never got an alert because it is a safe file but I did not see the cause to show in my logs. Besides that just Comodo firewall and Avast live very happily in my comp. If you decide to add D+ to Comodo, there are a couple of thing to do in Comodo to avoid overpopulation of temp files (but that is for Comodo Forums). Avast Autosandbox and Comodo sandbox seems to coexist well; however, it would be a good idea to have only one of them actively running.

Regards.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 02:09:12 AM by iroc9555 »

DonZ63

I am running latest version of Comodo ver. 5 with Defense+ set to Proactive. I also am running MBAM Pro.

I have absolutely no exceptions in Comodo for Avast 6 or MBAM Pro. Everything runs fine. You do need exceptions in MBAM Pro for Avast 6 and in Avast 6 for MBAM Pro.

Note: I use only Comodo's sandboxing and have Avast's sandboxing turned off.

I think a lot of the Comodo and Avast 6 conflicts arise over which was installed first. I installed Avast 6 prior to installing Comodo 5.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I think a lot of the Comodo and Avast 6 conflicts arise over which was installed first. I installed Avast 6 prior to installing Comodo 5.
Indeed this could happen. Technically, the last driver installs always "bottom most" in the system.
The best things in life are free.