Author Topic: virus in Avast update  (Read 3032 times)

doc1

virus in Avast update
« on: October 16, 2004, 07:17:01 PM »
I have a compaq persario with IE and Window XP
 I have been using avast for some time now and for some reason it seems to have stopped updating and on the rare occassion that it does do an update ,I see a lot of server errors
 Now for the last couple of days when I try to do an update of the program or the Ivas  either one I see a quick Jolly Roger vpu
 I thought there was a virus named the jolly roger could this be the same and could my avast be corrupted

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:virus in Avast update
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 07:21:34 PM »
The JollyRoger vpu is part of the update process and definatly not a virus or harmfull in any other way. Check your Avast log files for errors and let us know if there are any and if so what errors. That will give us a change to solve a problem if there is any. Als tell us what vps you currently have, what version of Avast you are using and what OS including service pack(s) and what firewall you are using.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 07:22:27 PM by Eddy »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:virus in Avast update
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 08:10:14 PM »
As a temporary measure until you resolve the connection problem, you can use this link avast! VPS Update - Manual Download.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security