Author Topic: Blue screen of death: aswSP.sys  (Read 17532 times)

SafeSurf

Re: Blue screen of death: aswSP.sys
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
@ Tango62,

This thread has become so long and people are getting lost in here.  Please start a New Topic of your own and we will help you there.   You can cut and past your post and respond to my questions in your new thread there (see below).

Go to this link, http://forum.avast.com/index.php, scroll down to the Avast Free/Pro/Suite forum and click it, click the New Topic button at the top of the list and post there. 

In your next post, please add the following information:

1.   What version of Avast were you using and what did you upgrade to? 
2.   What product of Avast do you use?  Free, Pro, AIS?
3.   What other security software do you currently have or did you have in the past on this machine including:
- Antivirus (AV)
- Firewall (FW)
- Trial versions of AV, FW and other security programs
- Other security software (on-demand and resident)
- If they were in the past, how did you remove them (the vendor's uninstaller's tool or  another way)?
4.   Are your MS Updates (if you have Windows) current?
5.   What is your OS and SP version?

Thank you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2011, 02:28:06 PM »
Thanks David. I tried to remove with IE closed, but it still gave me the error message stating:

Error details:
An unexpected error has occurred at procedure:
modBackup_MakeBackup (sItem=016 - DPF:
{F27237D7-93C8-44C2-AC6E-D6057B9A918F}
(JuniperSetupClientControl Class) -
https://ssl01.berenberg.de/dana-cached/sc/JuniperSetupClient.cab
Error #75 - Path/File access error

The only thing that I can suggest are reading and trying to follow the two Microsoft KB articles or look in the google search link I gave and see if you can find an alternative solution in the other hits.

I was able to remove an old activeX O16 entry with HJT without problem and this one really shouldn't be any different.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Elle8

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »
Thanks David. It's probably me being moronic and not understanding the articles you sent me, cos they weren't written in words of one syllable!!!

Do you know if the other guys have read/received my FTP file please?

Thanks.

darkdevil1

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 09:18:26 PM »
Sorry to semi-hijack but I thought I'd pop in and share my story.

I'm running W7 Ultimate x64 SP1 fully up to date and just uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials. Windows firewall enabled, only other security program I have is Malwarebytes anti-malware. This is only the free version and does not include on-access protection.
  • Uninstalled MSE
  • Rebooted
  • Attempt #1 to install Avast free antivirus 6
  • BSOD: aswsp.sys tried to release a resource it did not own''
  • After the BSOD ran Avast cleaning tool
  • Rebooted again
  • Installed Avast without issue

I still have the dump files if it helps troubleshooting in any way.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 09:20:17 PM by darkdevil1 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 10:16:35 PM »
Thanks David. It's probably me being moronic and not understanding the articles you sent me, cos they weren't written in words of one syllable!!!

Do you know if the other guys have read/received my FTP file please?

Thanks.

You're welcome.

Unfortunately I wouldn't know if they have received the dump files which is why I suggest giving information that they can identify the person and topic it is related to.

Quote from: DavidR
Give the zip file you are uploading a unique name (e.g. Elle8-mem-dump.zip, etc), so they can identify it. It might not be a bad idea to create a text file (readme.txt) with any relevant information, avast topic, user name, etc. etc. in the zip file.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security