Author Topic: Avast and THE GAME...  (Read 3847 times)

Raveen Kool

Avast and THE GAME...
« on: May 30, 2011, 04:45:49 PM »
I installed a new game, Roller coaster tycoon 3 on my laptop and opened the roller coaster tycoon.exe file and avast auto sandbox dialogue box came up and asked me to run it in sandbox. Now after i have finished playing the game. I turned off the computer and then When i started playing the game again i realized that avast sandbox has deleted all the game files and i am unable to open it... Luckily i reinstalled the game and was able to play the game after i ignore the sandbox alerts... HOW TO FIX THESE TYPE OF ISSUES? 

Gargamel360

Re: Avast and THE GAME...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 11:06:55 PM »
I installed a new game, Roller coaster tycoon 3 on my laptop and opened the roller coaster tycoon.exe file and avast auto sandbox dialogue box came up and asked me to run it in sandbox. Now after i have finished playing the game. I turned off the computer and then When i started playing the game again i realized that avast sandbox has deleted all the game files and i am unable to open it... Luckily i reinstalled the game and was able to play the game after i ignore the sandbox alerts... HOW TO FIX THESE TYPE OF ISSUES? 

What is your issue?  You ran it sandboxed knowingly.  It asked, you said yes.  Simply do not sandbox things like this and you will not have a problem.  Did you expect the contents of the sandbox to be saved? 

DarkMasters

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 11:49:44 PM »

Well, that's mean the Avast autosandbox is work perfectly on your system  ;D

Raveen Kool

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 05:37:15 PM »
What is your issue?  You ran it sandboxed knowingly.  It asked, you said yes.  Simply do not sandbox things like this and you will not have a problem.  Did you expect the contents of the sandbox to be saved?

No, actually i thought that how can the sandbox delete the sandbox data without any notification to the user......

Likewise what if avast delete trusted files or any goodware files on the system.....

I am just saying that sandboxie like sandboxing, even though the avast pro and the avast IS only have those type of options...

My point is that avast autosandbox should have an option so as the user can manyally delete the data rather than the automatic deletion or avast can alert the user before it delete the data... Just a suggestion to avast!... ;)

Rick F

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 10:16:27 PM »
It's my understanding that anything run in sandbox that no files are saved so as to protect your computer.  You can change the settings of 'AutoSandbox'...

• AutoSandbox Settings
    Here you can specify that suspicious applications are run automatically in the Sandbox by changing the "AutoSandbox mode" to "Auto".

You can also exclude particular files from being run in the Sandbox by first clicking on "Enter path" and then clicking on the "Browse" button to select the files that you want to exclude.

To turn off the AutoSandbox completely, just uncheck the box "Enable AutoSandbox".

DarkMasters

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 10:55:28 PM »
I am just saying that sandboxie like sandboxing, even though the avast pro and the avast IS only have those type of options...

My point is that avast autosandbox should have an option so as the user can manyally delete the data rather than the automatic deletion or avast can alert the user before it delete the data... Just a suggestion to avast!... ;)

It seems one can't never ask too much...

Raveen Kool

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »
It seems one can't never ask too much...

May be , but if it is there it would be useful....