Author Topic: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!  (Read 4135 times)

ldgropp

NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!
« on: June 01, 2011, 05:52:25 AM »
I forgot the password I used to protect my avast security and now can't access it to do any scans, etc.  I tried to uninstall and re-install it, even did a system restore and still no good.  I tried to submit a ticket to support but every time I do it keeps saying I'm no longer logged in and when I try to log in again it says invalid email and password although I read over them several times and they are right.  UGH!  Can someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!!  It's the password you personally make to protect your anti-virus software.  When you click the Avast orange symbol to pull it up it gives you 60 seconds to enter the password.  I've tried every password I've ever used to no avail.  I need to know how to remove the program and re-install withOUT the password or how to remove it.

ALSO:  I hadn't had the chance to register the software yet, so I can't just email for a new one.  Can someone please, please help!!!  Thank you!! ???

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 05:58:32 AM »
Have you tried going into safe mode and uninstalling avast?  you can remove avast in SAFE mode using the Uninstall Utility http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

ldgropp

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 06:34:43 AM »
No, I haven't!  I will try that and see if I can get it to uninstall to remove the password!  There has to be some way to do so.   :-\   Thank you!

SafeSurf

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 08:02:17 AM »
ldgropp,

You misunderstood the previous post.  For you to get rid of the password, you need to uninstall Avast completely, then reinstall it (clean install).  Here is how to do it:

1. Save a copy of Avast for the product you need (if you don't have it on your machine already) and save it to your HDD:http://www.avast.com/download-software
2. Download the Avast Uninstall Utility http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear6.exe and save it to your HDD.
3. Disconnect from the Internet at this time.
4. Go to Control Panel and uninstall Avast through Add/Remove Programs if possible and reboot.
5. If Step 4 fails, boot into Safe Mode (hit F8 repeatedly) and run the Avast Uninstall Tool.
6. Reboot.
7. Install the newest version of Avast and reboot.
8. Get Internet access and register your copy or add the license key for Free, Pro, or AIS.
9. Update the Avast definitions.

Let us know if you have any questions.  Thank you.

daisybee

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 06:17:05 AM »
I cannot remember my password either, and I cannot uninstall Avast at all, because it asks for a password. Do you have a solution for that? I tried removing it through the control panel, which takes me to Avast asking for my password. Meanwhile the whole reason I want to uninstall it is that I don't remember my password. I called Avast's tech support line that is listed on the net, but this led me to someone in India who tried to sell me a $130 tech support service to remove "viruses" from my computer. The files she was talking about were not even viruses, but she expected me to be too stupid to not know that. I am starting to think Avast is quite a scam and would like some help in getting rid of it now.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 06:41:02 AM »
I cannot remember my password either, and I cannot uninstall Avast at all, because it asks for a password. Do you have a solution for that? I tried removing it through the control panel, which takes me to Avast asking for my password. Meanwhile the whole reason I want to uninstall it is that I don't remember my password. I called Avast's tech support line that is listed on the net, but this led me to someone in India who tried to sell me a $130 tech support service to remove "viruses" from my computer. The files she was talking about were not even viruses, but she expected me to be too stupid to not know that. I am starting to think Avast is quite a scam and would like some help in getting rid of it now.
Please dont make multiple posts on the same issue, iv replied in your other post http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=82977.msg683571#msg683571

DarkMasters

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 08:13:32 PM »
To ldgropp and daisybee, don't set the Avast password if you're just gonna forget it  :)