Author Topic: Threat Detected but can not apply actions - Please help  (Read 2424 times)

JBF

Threat Detected but can not apply actions - Please help
« on: June 03, 2011, 02:15:45 PM »
Avast scanned my computer with a scheduled scan and found several memory processes infected. When I went to apply an action the apply button would not work. I am using Avast 6 version 6.0.11.25 with update version 110602-2 running on windows 7 Home Premium.  Here is a screen shot attached for scan result window.

pcclean3453

Re: Threat Detected but can not apply actions - Please help
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 02:23:10 PM »
There's a new update available:110603-0 ;)

Probzzie

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 02:36:04 PM »
Look at his system infections, I doubt it will even update. Avasts service is even showing its infected on the list from what i can read..
Maybe prepare yourself, I would get ahead on the ball and maybe download this program

Download Malware bytes
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4716-malwarebytes-anti-malware.html

Run a scan and when the items present themselve try removing them with malware bytes, save a log and post it here when completed

After the log completes I highly suggest checking back here, this issue is out of my experience and looks severe, Essexboy has been notified, he's the malware expert on the site, he will advise you on the steps to take after the malware bytes scan.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 02:45:42 PM by -BigBear- »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 02:53:17 PM »
It has nothing to do with updates or infections.

@ JBF
- Detections in Memory - My guess is that you are doing a Custom scan in which you have elected to scan Memory and that all these detections are in memory. Since they aren't physical files they can't be moved to the chest, deleted, etc. so there is no action that can be taken, hence the Apply button being greyed out.

The detections in memory are frequently other security applications loading unencrypted virus signatures into memory. Having set off a scan of memory by an antivirus application looking for virus signatures, don't be too surprised if it finds some in memory.

What other security applications do you have installed ?

The image even when expanded is small but it looks like you have AdAware installed ?
If you have personally I think it is a waste of hard disk space as it is no longer in the top flight of anti-spy/malware applications.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security