Author Topic: Avast WebRep Incompatible With Firefox 5.0  (Read 4051 times)

Nesivos

Avast WebRep Incompatible With Firefox 5.0
« on: June 05, 2011, 11:22:22 PM »
Image is Firefox 5.0 Beta 3

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast WebRep Incompatible With Firefox 5.0
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 12:01:02 AM »
There are other topics reporting the same. Since this is still a FF beta build you are going to get this type of thing unless you use the nightly tools or enforce add-on compatibility add-on.

I doubt avast will be chasing the firefox beta build issues right now when there are other firefox 4.6, webrep and igoogle issues to resolve.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Nesivos

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 01:30:44 AM »
There are other topics reporting the same. Since this is still a FF beta build you are going to get this type of thing unless you use the nightly tools or enforce add-on compatibility add-on.

I doubt avast will be chasing the firefox beta build issues right now when there are other firefox 4.6, webrep and igoogle issues to resolve.

The proper response by a professional and nice person :) would have been.

Thanks. I will pass your comment along to the avast people. :)

For your information:  Firefox 5.0 is not to far around the corner so you might want to pass this information on to the right people at Avast. :) 

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 01:38:13 AM »
Hi Nesivos,

You could not make the extension compatible for Fx 5 by using the Nightly Tester tools extension,
because there is no enforce button and the NTt extension is not even compatible with Fx 4, you just have to bite your time, I guess, very frustrating, but I think it is a security measure taken by the Fx developers,

polonus

Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Nesivos

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 02:31:32 AM »
Hi Nesivos,

You could not make the extension compatible for Fx 5 by using the Nightly Tester tools extension,
because there is no enforce button and the NTt extension is not even compatible with Fx 4, you just have to bite your time, I guess, very frustrating, but I think it is a security measure taken by the Fx developers,

polonus

That is what I thought or something like that :)

If you re-read my original post on this thread I think that it reads more like an "Information" post than a complaint.  On second thought maybe I should have posted this in the "General Discussion" thread as it was meant to be an Information post.

In any case.

I still have WOT  ;D

Thanks for your response :)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 12:14:59 PM »

The proper response by a professional and nice person :) would have been.

Thanks. I will pass your comment along to the avast people. :)

For your information:  Firefox 5.0 is not to far around the corner so you might want to pass this information on to the right people at Avast. :) 

I hold no sway over avast, I'm just an avast user like yourself.

So I guess I'm not a nice person (I don't really give a stuff what you think), I did however tell you what you had to do to make it work, but I guess your weren't a gracious or nice enough person to acknowledge that :P

By raising your own topic doesn't bump the previous topic/s about this showing that it isn't only you reporting this.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security