Author Topic: why avast does not come to china?  (Read 10012 times)

bigstony

why avast does not come to china?
« on: June 08, 2011, 05:46:49 AM »
According to the avast  official website shows:  http://www.avast.com/zh-cn/locate-dealer

there is no dealer in china.

why?

Almost all the anti-virus software companies around the world are competing in the Chinese market

Even  AVG announced  to establish offices in China in May

Because Avast  has 160 million users? It is enough?

Avira ,through Chinese companies cooperation, get far more than this number  

His partner,

360 free anti-virus software,which is NASDAQ listed companies, has 300 million users in China

Tencent in China has more than 650 million customers

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 01:59:22 PM by bigstony »

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: why avast does not come to china?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 06:19:12 AM »
According to the avast  official website shows:  http://www.avast.com/zh-cn/locate-dealer

why?

Almost all the anti-virus software companies around the world are competing in the Chinese market

Even  AVG announced  to establish offices in China in May

Because Avast  has 160 million users? It is enough?

His partner,

360 free anti-virus software,which is NASDAQ listed companies, has 300 million users in China

so, what are you waiting for? avast..........

Well, because Avast doesn't need offices everywhere.  There are no hard packages to purchase, only downloads, and their form of advertisement is mostly word of mouth.

That's why they have their free version.

So... get out there and tell your friends, family, co-workers about avast, and help distribute it where you live.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 07:30:06 AM »
Though China is a big market and despite piracy i'm sure you can still get a large chunk of market if you do it properly. Local support and sales certainly help that.
Plus being present in that country will help gather certain samples faster.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 12:01:22 PM »
I believe (but I admit I don't know much about it, so I may be wrong) you need a special government permit to sell security software in China - which, of course, has some conditions...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 12:24:05 PM »
I believe (but I admit I don't know much about it, so I may be wrong) you need a special government permit to sell security software in China - which, of course, has some conditions...

...as don't dedect our own trojans... ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »
...as don't dedect our own trojans..
W32:Chinesedissidents [trj]   ;D

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 01:02:24 PM »
Well, that's not really what I meant, and I don't know any details - but I believe it's not a simple thing.

sded

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 02:18:07 PM »
Ask Google for a reference

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 11:56:12 PM »

Where do you get these numbers from?

Nesivos

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 12:13:12 AM »
According to the avast  official website shows:  http://www.avast.com/zh-cn/locate-dealer

I would think that:

1.  Avast only needs a dealer in China if they want to sell to businesses, educational institutions or governmental agencies.

2.  To sell to home users all they need is a Chinese language version and a Chinese forum on this website.  It is possible that they would also need some kind of license to sell it over the internet to home users and without that license the Chinese government would block access to the Avast website where you could purchase avast!

bigstony

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 06:29:43 AM »

Where do you get these numbers from?

baidu or google, easy to get these numbers

anthonypelosi

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 05:53:40 AM »

why?

Even  AVG announced  to establish offices in China in May

Because Avast  has 160 million users? It is enough?

His partner,

There is no doubt that china is a very big market,i think

The recently published opswat shows:

AVAST So¬ftware and AVG Technologies both top this quarter’s worldwide antivirus market with 12.37% each. AVAST shows a decrease from its leading 16.19% last quarter, which could be due to a shi¬ft in the percentage of data originating from various countries. Avira and Microso¬ft rank third and fourth with 12.29% and 11.24% of the market, respectively. Microsoft¬’s gain from last quarter could be attributed to the distribution advantage that Microsoft¬ Security Essentials holds due to the convenient installation through Windows Update and its smooth integration with the popular IE browser. Comodo also shows a noticeable increase in this report, rising from 1.27% last quarter to 2.79% this quarter.  Several other vendors increased their market share from OPSWAT’s last report as well, including AVG, McAfee, Trend Micro, PC Tools, Emsi So¬ware and…

Maybe the report numbers are just numbers, maybe they are really future signals,

Nasdaq old words says,“Any company can be listed, but time will tell the tale.”

so wait and see…   ;)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 09:34:40 AM »
Erm, yes, the Opswat report is definitely just numbers - not to be taken seriously.

bigstony

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 01:48:03 PM »
you are wrong
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:18:21 PM by bigstony »

wincoad

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 11:49:39 AM »
Hello, I am a Chinese, I think, not to have certain AVAST China the reason. In China, tencent registered users is up to 200 million, 360 have a 300 million, this is a big number, but on the contrary, they all have a big characteristics, that is all is free, AVAST free market in China will have a great space, but the charge is not a very good performance, but, come to China it, because, in the antivirus, you do good!