Author Topic: Win32:Chepvil [Tr] - How do you remove this from the machine?  (Read 3420 times)

ewromero

[tr][td]" message. What do I need to do to remove the infected files from my machine? I do not see anywhere in the software to easily remove the infected files.

In File System Shield history I see:
87526.emlx.tmp
87485.emlx.tmp
87485.emlx
87526.emlx
report_082011-65.pdf.zip

the above files were reported twice about 12 days apart (5/7/12 and 5/19/12) in the File System Shield history. Other files also present and reported between the 12 days are...

.BC.V8fDmr
.BC.15dmf3 (both of these files were identified on 5/11/12)

Files in the Mail Schield reported in the history by the same virus name included in the subject line as "ACH Payment 4900659 Canceled" as well as "ACH Payment 4223491 Canceled" From "account manager". The same message file was reported 12 days apart just like with the File System Shield. I assume the files are associated with each other.

What do I need to do to remove these files from my machine knowing they were identified by avast!? I cannot seem to locate a way to easily remove these files from my machine like other virus/malaware software programs.

As a side note, I am using Mac OS X Lion, Version 10.7.4. My email client is Apple Mail.

Please advise on the above. Thank you!]I am a new user to avast! In both the File System Shield and Mail Shield I am receiving the "Win32:Chepvil
" message. What do I need to do to remove the infected files from my machine? I do not see anywhere in the software to easily remove the infected files.

In File System Shield history I see:
87526.emlx.tmp
87485.emlx.tmp
87485.emlx
87526.emlx
report_082011-65.pdf.zip

the above files were reported twice about 12 days apart (5/7/12 and 5/19/12) in the File System Shield history. Other files also present and reported between the 12 days are...

.BC.V8fDmr
.BC.15dmf3 (both of these files were identified on 5/11/12)

Files in the Mail Schield reported in the history by the same virus name included in the subject line as "ACH Payment 4900659 Canceled" as well as "ACH Payment 4223491 Canceled" From "account manager". The same message file was reported 12 days apart just like with the File System Shield. I assume the files are associated with each other.

What do I need to do to remove these files from my machine knowing they were identified by avast!? I cannot seem to locate a way to easily remove these files from my machine like other virus/malaware software programs.

As a side note, I am using Mac OS X Lion, Version 10.7.4. My email client is Apple Mail.

Please advise on the above. Thank you!
[/ftp]
[/td][/tr][/table]