Author Topic: Scan results show "some files could not be scanned"  (Read 2391 times)

Offline catinahat

Scan results show "some files could not be scanned"
« on: August 30, 2011, 10:07:01 AM »
Hi. I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit and Avast! free 6.0.1203 with VDF 110829-1. I've been using Avast! for 2-3mths. This image below is a screen dump. They appear to all be actual Avast! files (except for one windows defender file). Would someone be able to tell me if this is a problem with my Avast! or if it's anything  I need to be concerned about or doing anything about?

See here.

Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:01:07 AM by catinahat »

Gargamel360

Re: Scan results show "some files could not be scanned"
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:13:25 AM »
No, that is nothing to worry about.  A rare glitch, typically happens when a scan is started before Avast! removes its old definitions after it updates, see how the update number in the scan results pic you linked to are previous to the one you have currently.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:15:29 AM »
try a reboot and scan again and they should be gone..

Offline catinahat

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 10:21:16 AM »
Thanks Gargamel360. Good to know there isn't a problem. :)

That's interesting because my Avast! scan started at 6pm and finished just after 7.30pm (it was a full system scan). According to the maintenance window the last update attempt was at 4.49pm... so quite a bit before the scan started.

I did look at my Windows Updates just now, and noted that it checked for Windows updates and updated the definitions for Windows Defender at 7.08pm, which might explain why the windows defender file was there. (Usually it checks for updates in the morning when I boot up, so I don't know why it did it then).

OK Pondus - I shall do that tomorrow. Thanks.