Author Topic: can't send any mails, PC crashes problem  (Read 2252 times)

ogogo

can't send any mails, PC crashes problem
« on: October 20, 2004, 09:30:32 PM »
OS - WinXP (mail accounts only on "poweruser" )
mails - Outlook Express

After i configure mail protection (manualy as descripted) for Outlook Express, I can't send any mails, but i can recieve mails.
everything is ok only at the first time after i finish mail protection wizard (not OUTLOOK selected). When i restart Outlook Express, i can only recieve but not to send. It asks me "please enter your user name and password for the folowing server" server: 127,0,0,1   username: name@name#name,  and password ********.
I can send mails only then i change this values to true, but then mail protection does not work.

Other problem:
If I work on "poweruser" acc on my PC and then i need to swich to "administrator" or diferend, and if I do not log of, but make "swich user", and later i swiching back - my PC stops to work, and only RESET helps   :-\

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:can't send any mails, PC crashes problem
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 09:44:52 PM »
server: 127,0,0,1   username: name@name#name,  and password ********.

Generally:
server: 127.0.0.1 (and not 127,0,0,1)
username: name#servername

If I work on "poweruser" acc on my PC and then i need to swich to "administrator" or diferend, and if I do not log of, but make "swich user", and later i swiching back - my PC stops to work, and only RESET helps   :-\

The switch or loggoff do not change the behavior of avast. You can use them both if you configure the email accounts correctly to be scanned by avast.

Welcome to forums  ;)
The best things in life are free.