Author Topic: Delete the log file  (Read 15486 times)

charley

Delete the log file
« on: June 14, 2011, 04:49:56 PM »
How can I delete or empty the log file?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Delete the log file
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 11:49:44 PM »
You can set the log file size and can set if the info should be replaced or appended into each Shield advanced settings.
To manually do housekeeping (deleting), you need to disable the avast self defense module (in the Troubleshooting tab of settings) before.
The best things in life are free.

charley

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 08:39:59 AM »
You can set the log file size and can set if the info should be replaced or appended into each Shield advanced settings.
To manually do housekeeping (deleting), you need to disable the avast self defense module (in the Troubleshooting tab of settings) before.

Thank you for the reply but I can not find any of the settings to which you refer in this Mac OS X free beta.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 02:42:53 PM »
Oh, my fault... I've thought I were on Windows board. Sorry.
The best things in life are free.

charley

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 06:28:20 PM »
So in the absence of any better advice I uninstalled and reinstalled avast which did the trick, a bit extreme but worked.

Offline mity

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 02:38:10 PM »
Assuming you speak about the scan reports, there is a planned feature to auto-delete the old ones, and also manual delete of them from GUI.

For now, you can delete them manually in Finder. They live in ~/Library/Application Support/Avast/ScanLogs.

Regards,
Mity

bilbo--baggins

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 05:55:02 PM »
I hope there will be an option to switch off the auto-delete feature? (or is this already implemented with the Unlimited count for scan reports?)

Do the logs in this location include real-time scanning information?

Offline mity

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 10:26:06 AM »
Unlimited count for scan reports affects on-demand scans only (i.e. those initiated by the main GUI app). A recent history of issues found by background shields can be found in the main GUI app. -> page of the particular shield -> history.

Regards,
Mity