Author Topic: Still no WEBREP BARS  (Read 1693 times)

Goonyman

Still no WEBREP BARS
« on: June 15, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »
Im still getting no WEBREP bars on any pages what is going on i dont know if its ok too go to any sites ive refreshed and refreshed again restarted and still nothing What is going on I paid good money for this Virus protector and its not doing its job I was recommended it by a friend now im not so sure I want a solution PLEASE

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Still no WEBREP BARS
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »
The fact that you don't see the webrep, doesn't lessen the avast protection, you still have the Network Shield blocking known malicious sites and the Web Shield pre-scanning http content before it is displayed/run in your browser.

The WebRep is purely reputation based on avast user input. Later when the avast! virus labs start inputting information of detected malware, etc. into the webrep database, then it will be more of a security feature that just a reputational tool.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security