Author Topic: Reconfirmation email of Avast winner  (Read 3311 times)

alfputra

Reconfirmation email of Avast winner
« on: June 15, 2011, 03:14:45 PM »
Hi there, i just curious about notification email i've received from avast(i don't know whether it is official or not) weeks ago. i accidentaly sent it to trash and emptied  trash bin. maybe that's email from avast indicating i'm one of the winner? how to re-check if i'm one of the winner? thank you..

alfputra

Re: Reconfirmation email of Avast winner
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 03:46:21 PM »
anyone knows the solution?

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 04:36:09 PM »
Winner of what?  I wasn't aware that Avast was doing a sweepstakes of any kind.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 05:08:26 PM »
They have periodic stuff like this on reaching a certain number of avast downloads. The last big one was at the end of last year though. Usually this has been a 1 year Pro license, etc.

However, we certainly need more information.

@ alfputra
If you deleted the email, first check your deleted emails folder and see if it is there, second if it isn't, depending on your email program (?) there may well be a tool to recover deleted emails. Google such a tool for your email program.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 05:15:29 PM »
Well, I know they give away things periodically (I remember the 1 million member) thing a while back.  I just didn't see anything on the blog, website, or forum related to anything so I thought this guys was bonkers.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

alfputra

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 04:39:47 AM »
nah. i think that email i received was just HOAX then.  maybe it's just spam.

but in case the email was official, i hope avast team would like to contact me again..

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 12:21:59 PM »
They are generous with these registration gifts, but not to the point of chasing down winners multiple times.

Also if you registered some time ago and more crucially if the email you received was for a different email address to that which you registered then it could well be a hoax as you suggest.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

spg SCOTT

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 02:02:14 PM »
Look at the list and see if there is a matching initial letter, and date for you. Then it may be an idea to email avast...

http://www.avast.com/en-gb/community