Author Topic: SOS! Need Help Avast4Home  (Read 5722 times)

aa26668

SOS! Need Help Avast4Home
« on: October 22, 2004, 04:55:07 PM »
I get a pop up which says "Your License Key is not Entered".  I have Avast4Home on my computer.   I use Windows XP Pro.   I have a License Key.   But I don't know how to enter it.  The key was entered and the program was working.  I don't know how the key became "not entered".   How do I re-enter my license key?  Thanks to anyone who can help.  ???    aa26668@comcast.net

Negeltu

Re:SOS! Need Help Avast4Home
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 04:59:09 PM »
Right click on the a icon in the taskbar by the clock... and click "About avast!"
There will be a button that says "Licence Key"... Left click that button and enter your key... :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 05:01:19 PM »
The license key for the updates expires on the home version after 14 months. Could that be the case here? If so you need to obtain a new (free) key from the website.

aa26668

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 05:30:21 PM »
My license key was issued on 03/05/2004.   But thanks anyway, I wasn't aware of the 14-month limitation.

As for the Avast icon on the task bar, there is none.   It was there but recently, for unknow reasons, disappeared.

Absent any other suggestions, I believe I will have to uninstall the program (37.54 MB) and re-install via download.

aa26668@comcast.net
 :-\

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 05:56:54 PM »
Have you already tried a repair of Avast?
control panel > software > add/remove > Avast > repair/change

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 09:27:15 PM »
Right click on the a icon in the taskbar by the clock... and click "About avast!"
There will be a button that says "Licence Key"... Left click that button and enter your key... :)

Did you follow this?
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 01:26:30 AM »
No Technical, he didn't try it... he said he doesn't have avast! blue icon in the system tray.

aa26668 - have you tried simplest solution ever ?

Right click your START button (Windows) Go to PROPERTIES. Choose TASKBAR tab, and clear the checkmark on HIDE INACTIVE ICONS at the bottom of that window. Now, your avast! blue-ball-icon should reappear in the system tray (close to the system clock). If that doesn't help, then try Eddy's advice... uninstall avast! and then reinstall it from the scratch.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 01:28:51 AM by S.Z.C »