Author Topic: Avast hanging up local network traffic  (Read 4653 times)

psubowhunter

Avast hanging up local network traffic
« on: June 16, 2011, 06:19:45 PM »
The last two days we have two different computers that have Avast 6.0 latest version installed start blocking or causing the computers to hang up completly when we run any of our local network applications .exe's. This a NASTY issue as soon as we remove Avast from the offending computers and install another anti virus product the problems disappear.

Worse yet not all of our computers are causing this issues but there is some sort of compatiability issue that has cropped up that is causing certian computers to hang on local network traffic. All the computers have Win 7 pro 32 bit installed

All other network traffic like internet etc is ok.

we have tried disabling avast excluded our network drives and .exe so far nothing works but uninstalling it

We like Avast sure hate to dump it but we can't keep having local programs blocked any ideas or suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 06:29:55 PM by psubowhunter »

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: Avast hanging up local network traffic
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

psubowhunter

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 10:14:31 PM »
Yea I saw that does not appear anybody has and idea of what may be wrong guess we'll move on to another product.  :-\

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 07:02:50 AM »
Sorry, but I can't give you a better answer at this time!

It sucks, but I don't know what else to tell people.  :-[
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Nesivos

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 07:38:47 AM »
The last two days we have two different computers that have Avast 6.0 latest version installed start blocking or causing the computers to hang up completly when we run any of our local network applications .exe's. This a NASTY issue as soon as we remove Avast from the offending computers and install another anti virus product the problems disappear.

Worse yet not all of our computers are causing this issues but there is some sort of compatiability issue that has cropped up that is causing certian computers to hang on local network traffic. All the computers have Win 7 pro 32 bit installed

All other network traffic like internet etc is ok.

we have tried disabling avast excluded our network drives and .exe so far nothing works but uninstalling it

We like Avast sure hate to dump it but we can't keep having local programs blocked any ideas or suggestions?

Did you do the monthly update from Windows this week?

If you did, then some interactions with this update might be causing the problem.

If you did the update and can be more explicit about what the exact problem is maybe we can help you.

psubowhunter

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 09:55:23 PM »
I have not checked any of the affected computers if they downloaded the latest microsoft updates I had this exact problem happen to another computer today on a Win 7 computer that's been installed for almost a year now.

Avast is blocking or SLOWING DOWN severly local network traffic when we go to load any of our network apps (.exe's) or for that matter try to access anything local thru the network. Internet traffic seems ok it seems to be only a problem with Win 7 machines running the latest version for 6.0 Avast. We have not had this issues on a XP based computers yet .

I am trying to determine if any of the affected computers have had the latest microsoft updates loaded.

It's a nasty problem all local network traffic goes to a craw when it occurs so far the only fix IS TO COMPLETLY UNINSTALL AVAST disabling sheilds does not help.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:15:12 PM by psubowhunter »

psubowhunter

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 10:13:39 PM »
Ok checked the computer that it happen on today and no microsoft updates have been installed since March but they are running the latest release from Avast and Win 7 pro sp1
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:16:19 PM by psubowhunter »