Author Topic: Support.com acquires SUPERAntiSpyware  (Read 7018 times)

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Support.com acquires SUPERAntiSpyware
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 07:31:21 PM »
You're an exception, aren't you? :)

No I am one more here. I haven't had to use MBAM or SAS on my system. I have neither downloaded them nor installed. But I do use Spyware blaster. Since I don't use IE much, I haven't had the chance to exactly the see the slowness caused by it and I have even forgotten that spyware blaster installed sometimes! When I see a post in the updates thread do I open it and update. Otherwise it's just there.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 09:48:15 PM »
So, we all be "exceptions" in the future... I think time of on demand scanners in my computer is gone... I'll keep it simple... until I complicate it again... temptation ;D
The best things in life are free.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 12:10:51 AM »
So, we all be "exceptions" in the future... I think time of on demand scanners in my computer is gone... I'll keep it simple... until I complicate it again... temptation ;D
I respectfully disagree. Having both MBAM and SAS as on-demand as another layer of "ease of mind". Neither take up that much room on the HDD. They are there because they work. Or you can always use SpyBot S&D...heh...heh.   ;D
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 12:15:11 AM »
Para-Noid, you're paranoid ;D
I know that. I share that. But taking time to keep things updates, run on demand scannings... That is making me bored and I'm wishing that keeping it simple is just the peace of mind I'm looking for. I run suspicious executables in the sandbox or in virtual environment, I submit them to virus total...

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 10:12:25 PM »
I know that. I share that. But taking time to keep things updates, run on demand scannings... That is making me bored and I'm wishing that keeping it simple is just the peace of mind I'm looking for. I run suspicious executables in the sandbox or in virtual environment, I submit them to virus total...
Pare-Noid and cautious. I will agree, even with 6.0.1184 Free the "auto-sandbox" does a lot toward limiting suspicious exe's from burrowing into any system.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

Dch48

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 01:24:34 AM »
Pare-Noid and cautious. I will agree, even with 6.0.1184 Free the "auto-sandbox" does a lot toward limiting suspicious exe's from burrowing into any system.
Yes, but I am finding it a bit too aggressive and wanting to sandbox too many safe things.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 03:06:12 AM »
Yes, but I am finding it a bit too aggressive and wanting to sandbox too many safe things.
I was talking about the on demand and you're talking about the on access sandbox.
Anyway, I think, in the future we could have a sensitivity level for the autosandbox. Don't you think so?
Some users would want the high sensitivity, others something low.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 04:36:05 AM »
Anyway, I think, in the future we could have a sensitivity level for the autosandbox. Don't you think so?
Some users would want the high sensitivity, others something low.

That's something I hope avast! is considering. The auto-sandbox has proven itself to be a valuable addition to Free