Author Topic: Avast 7 Alpha  (Read 12642 times)

manwhofind

Re: Avast 7 Alpha
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 02:57:30 PM »
Oh, thanks. 
I Wish Avast 7 will repair the infected file better than  version 6
Avast version 4.8 ->6  usuallys delete or move to quarantin the infected file
 With me , Avast is alway the best friend that I haver ever had ... . It's behavior analysis is wonderful

manwhofind

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 02:58:33 PM »
Right here waitting for ... Avast 7

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 04:26:16 PM »
Oh, thanks. 
I Wish Avast 7 will repair the infected file better than  version 6
Avast version 4.8 ->6  usuallys delete or move to quarantin the infected file
 With me , Avast is alway the best friend that I haver ever had ... . It's behavior analysis is wonderful
Only certain types of infection can be repaired. Even if avast goes from version 6 to version 7. It won't be able to repair what can't be repaired...So don't expect the version 7 to be able to fix more infected files...

manwhofind

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 03:51:15 PM »

Only certain types of infection can be repaired. Even if avast goes from version 6 to version 7. It won't be able to repair what can't be repaired...So don't expect the version 7 to be able to fix more infected files...

I Don't think so.
Antivirus can't detect  every virus . If the file system has infected malware , Avast only detect it  with the next Updating version

How do you think If It will  delete or move to quarantinthe the infected file system  ???
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 03:53:50 PM by manwhofind »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 03:56:10 PM »
As an example, if you instruct your antivirus software to delete all infected files, those that were infected by a true file infecting virus could also be deleted. This could impact the normal features and functionality of your operating system or programs you use. On the other hand, antivirus software can't 'clean' a worm or a trojan, because there is nothing to clean - the entire file IS the worm or trojan. Quarantine plays a nice middle ground, because it moves the file to safe storage under control of the antivirus program - so it can't harm your system - but it's there in case a mistake was made and you need to restore that file.

Clean: attempts to remove the infection from the file. This is only pertinent to virus behavior, wherein a legitimate file has been 'infected' with non-legitimate (usually viral) code.

Clean, Quarantine, or Delete?
http://antivirus.about.com/b/2007/03/11/clean-quarantine-or-delete.htm

manwhofind

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 04:04:38 PM »
Thanks
But I Hope Avast can remove the infection from the file ( Because I like Avast morthan at all ). Some
AV ( AVG, Avira... )  is starting to do it

Nothing is impossible

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 04:08:02 PM »
But I Hope Avast can remove the infection from the file.....
what file?
what infection?

manwhofind

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 04:11:59 PM »
 The file system ...
I think,   Repair windows after deleting  malware is not  interesting ....

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 05:43:37 PM »
Before anyone can say anything we would need to know more about the problem/detection, e.g. the file name, the location of the file and the malware name, etc.

Because as has been said unless it is a virus infection (and the information mentioned helps determine that), then a repair of the file isn't possible (for any AV not just avast). If the content is completely malicious then the only repair is effectively removal or quarantine.

A repair as has been said is the removal of the virus element inserted in a legitimate file, it is no different for any AV they will be trying to do the same thing. Some may be more effective, but that doesn't change the fact that it is true virus infections which can attempt to be repaired.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security