Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1198 **  (Read 189932 times)

spg SCOTT

Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - 6.0.1184 **
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 04:42:17 PM »
I agree that Process information is very useful, not least for us helping on the forums as knowing the process involved helps determine what is going on. Typically Malicious URL alerts when the process involved is svchost.exe, etc. generally this is a rootkit issue and possible MBR rootkit.

Now that process will change to "Please change the settings in the webshield to ask, then report back the process when it happens again..."

It is there when the setting is on ask, but seeing as the default actions are to do something, then most people will not see the process listed...

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 04:51:45 PM »
Where is this CreditAlert feature? I am in the US and I don't see any reference to it in the GUI.

- introduced new CreditAlert feature (US customers only)

I also agree with logos and scott on the virus alert... show the process and the "more details" button is way out of proportion. Would really like to see the correct page showing the details.

Also, "Yes, that was close, but relax... avast! just saved a crash!"  How about saved from a possible infection and a potential crash? Not every system crashes when infected.

gate1975mlm

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 04:56:20 PM »
"EssentialFax" Opens very slow unless I put in the the Exclusions list under "File System Shield"

http://www.essentialfax.com/

Can you fix this so I do not need to ad it to the Exclusions list please?

"EssentialFax" is a very clean program :)

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 05:01:25 PM »
Just downloading right now-can't wait for the real update! Maybe the webrep update for FF v5 will be in it too.
Yes it is.

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »
I agree that Process information is very useful, not least for us helping on the forums as knowing the process involved helps determine what is going on. Typically Malicious URL alerts when the process involved is svchost.exe, etc. generally this is a rootkit issue and possible MBR rootkit.

Now that process will change to "Please change the settings in the webshield to ask, then report back the process when it happens again..."

It is there when the setting is on ask, but seeing as the default actions are to do something, then most people will not see the process listed...

Not very practical... :-\
I suggest to revert this back to the old look/info.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 06:04:18 PM »
Just downloading right now-can't wait for the real update! Maybe the webrep update for FF v5 will be in it too.

It already is.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Harikrishnan

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 06:49:24 PM »
Probably the network shield log problem is still there.....(topic=77934.0)

cadremis

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 07:02:32 PM »
This one seems to be working just fine in my Windows 7 SP1 PC.... WebRep is working in Firefox 5 now.. tks... I will install this one in my XP PC and get back comments...rm

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 07:23:13 PM »
Good to see uTorrent issue getting resolved. I hope completelly and finally.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Nesivos

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 07:45:26 PM »
Seems good the CreditAlert feature, although only US available.
Will the release WebRep be compatible with FF 5?

WebRep is good to go for my computers with Firefox 5.0

GUI updates did not work.  Said it was up to date.   Could be the avast! server that my computers were trying to download from did not yet have the update on it.

Downloaded installer and ran it.  Clicked on update, installed and required a restart.

Everything looks good so far including WebRep :)

Nesivos

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »
Re: Credit Alert.  I read the web page with the info and have some questions.

1. What information do you have to supply in order to activate it?

Please provide an exact detailed list of information that needs to be supplied including information like Social Security number.

2. Does it start out as a monthly recurring charge or can you set it up initially for only one month?

3. If you decide to stop the service at any time how do you do that?

4. Is this service outsourced to a third party?

If it is outsourced to a third party like a credit agency, please provide the link to that agency.

That are all the questions I have at this time.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 08:17:20 PM »
Where is this CreditAlert feature? I am in the US and I don't see any reference to it in the GUI.

The only place that I see the CreditAlert is under Settings (in the upper toolbar) when you navigate to Maintenance | CreditAlert Settings.  You can disable the popups there.  I haven't dug further.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Nesivos

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 08:21:31 PM »

The only place that I see the CreditAlert is under Settings (in the upper toolbar) when you navigate to Maintenance | CreditAlert Settings.  You can disable the popups there.  I haven't dug further.

There is webpage linked earlier that provides more information.  Basically $9.99 or $9.95 whatever a month to activate it.  As I recall it can be activated from the webpage that was linked.  I haven't checked the GUI on this yet.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2011, 08:43:26 PM »
The only place that I see the CreditAlert is under Settings (in the upper toolbar) when you navigate to Maintenance | CreditAlert Settings.  You can disable the popups there.  I haven't dug further.

Thanks Gopher. They didn't make it very obvious. I thought it would have been under "Additional Protection".

You can choose betweeen free or premium alerts.

Terms and Conditions of Credit Alert
http://www.avast.com/terms-credit-alert?p_pro=1&p_vep=6&p_ves=0&p_lqa=0&p_lsu=0&p_lst=0&p_lex=0&p_lng=en&p_lid=en-ww&p_elm=27

EDIT: After registering under settings/maintenance a tab under "Additional Protection" appears.

What exactly is the free registration monitoring?

Below is a screenshot.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:21:54 PM by Charyb »

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 09:13:57 PM »
Thank you for Avast Internet Security 6.0.1184